TOEFL Why do you think people visit museums?

Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There are a lot of museums around the world. They are full of people every day with tourists from different countries. It is very usual to see people in museums alone or in groups, and without a doubt the museum is one of the most important attractive in every important city of the world. I think that people like visit museums for several reasons. To learn more and for pleasure are the principals.

Firstly, people like to visit museums to learn more about the country and its history. For instance, my grandmother likes studying European history and she has watched many movies about it. She went to Europe and visited different museums in Greece, Spain and Britain two years ago. As a result, she learnt a lot of things that you cannot with movies or reading books. In addition, when you visit a museum you can learn in other way, it is funnier than reading a book. Also, you do not forget the things that you have seen.

Secondly, the other reason is that people go to museums for pleasure. Although some people say that it is not funny like going to the cinema, doing shopping or other activities, visit a museum is relaxing. For this reason some people choice going to museums where they can see interesting things, for example art pictures and sculptures. In fact, they forget daily problems and enjoy it. However, we have to say that adults like museums more than young people because some of them have other interests. But it does not modify the fact that museums are visited every day by a lot of people.

In conclusion, people go to museums to learn more and to relax. They are a fantastic opportunity to know more about history and art and relax at the same time.

Hi! Can you check it? Thanks

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an arts class

Hi Marco01, I spent a nice time reading your essay, it was excellent :slight_smile: I placed some comments (though they were few :D) but you should be aware that I’m not an English teacher nor a native English speaker :smiley:

I have read the comments and they are very helpful. I think that you are right, “the other reason is that” can be ommited. Thanks for your time!!