TOEFL:Universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities as they give to their university libraries

Tertiary education has been believed to provide students with freer space to accumulate the academic knowledge and explore the distinct fields. In the university, students are not only to be expected to get well performance in the grades, but also none-academic areas, like personal connections, extracurricular activities, school clubs. hence, universities should give the same amount to the sports activities as they give to their libraries with the following reasons.

Firstly, participating in sport activities can alleviate the stress and burdens. Nowadays, we are stuck in the highly competitive environment which brings out a host of worries from grades, intuition fee, relationships and so on. Sports, therefore, distract our attentions from those worries and makes our brain released. Take myself for example, every time, after I exercise and soak on sweats, I totally feel relaxed and gain extra energy to do my homework and wrestle with difficulties. Surprisingly, there are some new idea or thoughts, which spring out from my mind, helping me deal with all the problems and have outstanding performance.

In addition, joining sports activities can accumulate social skills which are vital in the future. In the basketball games, students are required to have abilities in cooperating with teammates and adjusting rapidly in the different situations. In the running activities, students need to equipped with perseverance and durance while doing the same things. Those abilities are vital not only in studying at the present but also working in the future. When students have great devotion to the companies , there will be more opportunities to apply the employees from the same university. What’s more, more students will apply in this university because of the guarantee of find a decent job. It is a positive circle.

In conclusion, university should give the same amount of money to sport activities as they give to the library. Students can escape from the stress by doing sports and then have much energy to study. Also, doing sports can build up the abilities, like cooperative skill or perseverance, which are crucial in studying and working.

1 Like

It is believed that higher education provides students with more freedom to acquire academic knowledge and explore various fields. At university, students are not only expected to perform well in grades, but also in non-academic areas, such as personal relationships, extracurricular activities and school clubs. Therefore, universities should give the same importance to sports activities as they do to their libraries.

First, participation in sports activities can relieve stress and strain. Nowadays, we are in a competitive environment that brings a variety of worries, such as grades, tuition, relationships, and so on. Exercise diverts our attention from these worries and frees up our brains. For example, I myself feel totally relaxed every time I exercise and break a sweat, and gain extra energy to do my homework and struggle with difficulties. Surprisingly, I come up with some new ideas or thoughts that help me cope with any problems and perform excellently.

Moreover, by participating in sports activities, one can acquire social skills that are important for the future. When playing basketball, students must have the ability to work with their teammates and adapt quickly to different situations. In running, students must have stamina and endurance while doing the same things. These skills are important not only for college, but also for work in the future. If students show great commitment to the companies, there will be more opportunities to hire the employees of the same university. Also, more students will apply to that university because they have the guarantee of finding a suitable job. This is a positive cycle.

In conclusion, the university should allocate as much money for sports activities as for the library. Students can escape from stress through sports and then have a lot of energy to study. Also, through sports, they can develop skills such as cooperation or perseverance, which are crucial for studying and working.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
I still have a long way to go in my writing skills><

1 Like