Toefl-independent task of writing- Nowadays, many movies or films are based on books. Some people prefer to read the original book before they watch the movie, other prefer to watch the movie before reading the book. Which one do you prefer?

Watching movies and reading books are two enjoyable things that every person can do. Some people as you have seen around, love to read books and there are a lot of books that they had read but, some of them like to watch movies and want to see pictures and scenes toward their eyes. Some others enjoy doing this two stuff. I, as an individual, prefer to watch the movie at first and then read the origin book. In what follows, I will illustrate my point of view due to some reasons and examples.

The most important thing for me to prefer watching movies at first is that I am a busy engineer and do not have enough time to follow a heavy book page by page. Maybe you have a question about my time and say that watching movies allocate more time than reading the book instead! But, I have a specific characteristic, being very fast at doing work. When I start to read a book, I persist to finish it as soon as possible. This feature makes me be hasten and allocate a lot of time to finish the book during a day as an example. So, reading the book is more time taker than watching films.

Secondly, when I read a book I imagine the scenario in my mind and because of this feature, I think so much that makes me got a headache. However, by watching the movie instead, it does not need to think because of seeing acts toward your eyes and it would be better understood. For example, in the Game Of Thrones series, the origin book of each chapter came with the new season in coincide. I prefer to watch the series at first because the beautiful acting of actors and actresses makes me more connected to the concept of the film. If I read the book at first, I do not connect to the scenario very well.

But it cannot be neglected that some people prefer to read the book before watching the related movie. I have a brother who is fallen in love with books. He prefers to read books instead of watching the movie. When you ask him about a movie and a related book package, he says that you know nothing dear about the satisfaction of reading books. He also says that there are some details in books that the director does not show in the movie, maybe he/she cannot or does not want to do it.

To sum up, I, as an individual, prefer to watch a movie at first because of not having enough time to read the book carefully and go deeply through the ocean of the book which makes me so involved and has a headache as a result. But some people say that a lot of details in the book are not shown in the related movie.

3 Likes

Hi, welcome to our forum. It’s interesting how you have just posted your essay here without even saying hello or introducing yourself. Imagine this in a face-to-face situation. There is a community of people who share the same interests and goals. They have been exchanging ideas for a couple of years and then somebody new enters the room and without any introduction whatsoever gives a 5 minute speech on a random subject and then leaves. How would you react?

1 Like

Oh! Hi. I’m so sorry for my mistake. I am very worried about my TOEFL exam and also hurt emotionally because of losing one of my close friends in the flight crash in Iran about a week ago! :pensive: so I’m so so sorry about that.

My name is Mahsa and I’m from Iran:)

2 Likes

Hello Mahsa, welcome to our forum, I’m pleased to meet you. I think your writing skills are quite impressive and I see no reason for you to worry about the TOEFL test. When are planning to take the exam? By the way, maybe you can also connect with @bitarooh and @burak both of whom are also preparing for the TOEFL. As a of fact, Burak might already have taken the test and can probably help you prepare for it. What do you think?

2 Likes

Hi @mahsabeyk
This is bita
I am so sad and shocked about that horrible and unrenewable event too.
I hope all of them rest in peace.

1 Like

Thank you dear Bita❤️
Can you help me with my essay please?

1 Like