TOEFL in 4 days. It is very important to receive 5. Rate me

Some people prefer to spend time with one or two close friends. Others choose to spend time with a large number of friends. Compare the advantages of each choice. Which of these two ways of spending time do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.

It is well know that human beings cannot live without communications with each other, in small groups or in large groups. Each of the choices has unique advantages.
So, I cannot say that one of them is definetely better than another, I supplement the advantages of one to those of another.

While socializing with a large number of friends at the party, I can chat about the latest news by the opinion of different people and share the matters I consider important. People very actively exchange information this way, which is impossible for one-to-one talk.

However, the latter provides you with unique chance for deeper and broader understanding of some particular topic. When you are talking with one your close friend,
it’s more likely to receive fully individual and valuable feedback, because this person knows your perfectly
and your affairs are of importance for him or her.

Communicating with one or two close friends is extremely crucial when you need to make the decision of your life. I won’t let a man in the street to change my destiny.

While I still spend some time chatting with acquintances just for fun, I like to spend time with my girlfriend and some close friends. Let me strengthen by examples what was written above.

My current vital problem is where to go for the graduate study. It’s interesting to listen my groupmates saying occasional facts about the places which I can choose from.
Some information is duplicated and can be found on the websites etc, but it really helps to attain the view in general. In addition I sincerely appreciate to talk to my close friend , who knows me well and can make some personal comments like about the climat suitable most for me or is it good for me to teach undergrads or not.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is Carlos Finlay significant?

Hi, avalon!
My TOEFL is rather soon , too. On March 10. :slight_smile:
I need to get 4.5 to enter Essex…

God luck for you. I liked your piece of writing…

Hello, translatinga!
Score of 4.5 is good for me too, but I’ve never seen the fractional score from about 10 results.
It’s either 4 or 5 :slight_smile:
Good luck to you too!

you wrote: "It is well know, well, perhaps you were writing to fast, so typed "know"instead of “known”…

Well, it seems to me that there are a few grammar errors but on the whole it seems OK… I liked your ideas. Organization is OK, too.

I have been told that the main thing is organization and structure, and only the - grammar and language as such.

Yeah, I should have checked my grammar before posting the message :slight_smile:
Thanks for comments!