TOEFL ESSAY - Young people enjoy life more than older people do

Can you check my essay? your comments will be very appreciated!

There is no doubt that entertainment in life plays a significant role in people’s daily lives in many places. Some say that older people enjoy their relaxed life more than young people, while others disagree. Both sides may have their own reasons to support their views. If I had to choose one, I would say that young people enjoy their active and vigorous life more than older people. Here are some reasons.

First and foremost, young people are unlikely to be afraid of anything. They are bold enough to try everything. For example, when I was in my 20s, I went to Pusan with my friends which is one of the tourist attractions many people go to. We enjoyed swimming at the beach and drinking while having a party. On the next day, we had to come back to our houses. One of my friends said we should have either itinerary or plans during the trip, so we didn’t check the train arrival time. As a result, once we got to the train station, we realized that we just missed the train and the next one would be in the morning. We just stayed all night, actually, we slept covering newspapers as a blanket on the floor of the station, but we still enjoyed our unplanned and sort of dangerous trip. It was possible because we were young at that time.

Another reason worth mentioning is that young people are healthy and energetic compared to older people. They do strenuous exercise at the gym and enjoy surfing on the water and travel around the world by walking. Young people enjoy doing these things while older people may have a hard time doing these activities.

In short, I strongly believe that young people enjoy their lives more than older ones for the above reasons. All in all, it cannot be overemphasized how important it is to enjoy life while people are young and healthy.

1 Like

There is no doubt that entertainment in life plays an important role in people’s daily lives in many places. Some say that older people enjoy their relaxed life more than young people, while others disagree. Both sides may have their own reasons to support their views. If I had to choose one, I would say that young people enjoy their active and vital lives more than older people. Here are a few reasons.

First of all, young people are probably not afraid of anything. They are brave enough to try anything. For example, when I was in my 20s, I went with my friends to Pusan, one of the tourist attractions that many people visit. We enjoyed swimming and drinking on the beach while having a party. The next day, we had to go back home. One of my friends said we should either have an itinerary or plans for the trip, so we didn’t check the train arrival time. When we got to the train station, we found out that we missed the train and the next train wouldn’t leave until the next morning. We just stayed all night and slept on the floor of the station with newspapers as blankets, but we still enjoyed our unplanned and somehow dangerous trip. This was possible because we were young at that time.

Another reason worth mentioning is that young people are healthy and energetic compared to older people. They do a lot of sports at the gym, like to surf on the water, and travel the world on foot. Young people enjoy these things, while older people may find it difficult to engage in these activities.

In short, I strongly believe that young people enjoy their lives more than older people for the reasons mentioned above. All in all, the importance of enjoying life while young and healthy cannot be overstated.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your correction!! It is really helpful!

1 Like