TOEFL essay: "Why do you want to be a businessman?"

[size=150]After graduating from high school for 2 gap years, I chose a business school in order to become a business man, though I am better at doing natural-science research. My friends doubted whether I could succeed in this field without being in a traditionally- business family. I answered them “ I chose it because it fits my abilities; and I like it; but most importantly, being a businessman will let me do many other things I want to”.
Since primary school, I had always been a monitor in my class, which provided me with a lot of experience in managing and holding big events. Not only that, my Math grade is good, and I can analyze many complicated charts with ease; this ability is essential and helpful to an analysist. Another ability of mine is the artistic sense: I used to make Christmas postcards and sell them to my friends; after that, my uncle praised me and said that I would be a successful businessman in the future… In my opinion, for a business man, the skills above are much more valuable than “being in a traditionally-business family”.
I like to be a businessman, too. When I was a little kid, I used to dream about being an archeologist because I wanted to travel to different places, find hidden treasures and contribute to the complete picture of human history. Growing up, I was more realistic and specific with my dreams, so I liked to be a doctor in order to help the people around me have a happier life. After 2 years of working in a company, I realized that many people suffer not only from diseases but many other things like poverty or starvation, and some of these people are very close to me. I also realized that my father, who is a small businessman, was helping even more people than a doctor could. That is the biggest motivation for my dream of being a businessman.
As I stated above: being a businessman enable me to help many people. I can create jobs for many people. I can go everywhere and help everyone who is in trouble without worrying about my budget. I can spend my money on the kids whose family can’t afford their living and studying… Not only that, I can fulfill my hobby of adventuring and become an amateur archeologist… There are many more things I could do while being a business man.
… My friends asked me another question: “more and more people are setting foot into this field, this means more competitiveness. Aren’t you afraid?” .” No, I’m not… Business is meant to compete, and through the hardships, I can improve ourselves”, I said.[/size]

PS: My first essay on this forum. Thank you for reading and look forward to your comments. IMO, I think the 2 final paragraphs are a bit reluctant…

TOEFL listening discussions: Why doesn’t the young man want to assume the family business?

[size=18]After graduating from high school for TWO gap years, I chose a business school in order to become a business man, though I am better at doing natural-science research. My friends doubted whether I could succeed in this field without being in a traditional business family. I answered them “ I chose it because it fits my abilities; and I like it; but most importantly, being a businessman will let me do many other things I want to”.

Since primary school, I had always been a monitor in my class, which provided me with a lot of experience in managing and holding big events. Not only that, my math grade is good, and I can analyze many complicated charts with ease; this ability is essential and helpful to an analysist. Another ability of mine is the artistic sense: I used to make Christmas postcards and sell them to my friends; after that, my uncle praised me and said that I would be a successful businessman in the future… In my opinion, for a business man, the skills above are much more valuable than “being in a traditional-business family”.
I like to be a businessman, too. When I was a little CHILD, I used to dream about being an archeologist because I wanted to travel to different places, find hidden treasures and contribute to the complete picture of human history. Growing up, I was more realistic and specific with my dreams, so I liked to be a doctor in order to help the people around me have a happier life. After TWO years of working in a company, I realized that many people suffer not only from diseases but many other things like poverty or starvation, and some of these people are very close to me. I also realized that my father, who is a small businessman, was helping even more people than a doctor could. That is the biggest motivation for my dream of being a businessman.
As I stated above: being a businessman enableS me to help many people. I can create jobs for many people. I can go everywhere and help everyone who is in trouble without worrying about my budget. I can spend my money on the CHILDREN whose familIES CANNOT afford their living and studying… Not only that, I can fulfill my hobby of adventuring and become an amateur archeologist… There are many more things I could do while being a business man.
… My friends asked me another question: “more and more people are setting foot into this field, this means more competitiveness. Aren’t you afraid?” .” No, I’m not… Business is meant to BE competITIVE, and through the hardships, WE can improve ourselves”, I REPLIED.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good evening Mathmantall, and WELCOME zo the Forum. I found your work to be pleasant to read, and you covered the topic well. I hope to see nore work from you soon.

Kitos. 8/10