TOEFL Essay: Why do people attend college or university

Every year, many freshmen attend colleges and universities. When I was asked “why do you, as well as anybody else, go to college?” there are two main reasons that come up: “exploring their true talent and developing it” and “preparing for their future”.
The first thing I want to say is: not everybody is infant prodigy who not only s/he but also anyone else knows exactly what is his/ her talent. At the average of 18 or 19, almost everyone is on the way to figure out whether s/he has any special talent or not, and what is the most appropriate job for him in the future. Absolutely, he can discover it with out going to college or university. However, I think with the development of education now, attending college and have professional instructor or advisor is the quickest and less risky way that everybody should choose for this purpose. In addition, for any body who already knows his strength, taking suitable classes in the college can help him perfect himself with essential skills for his future career.
Furthermore, in comparison with inborn talent, a good preparation for future career plays a very important role in everyone’s success. And this is the most important reason why people want to go to college or university. Technology, economy, science, etc, all of them develop day by day, and likely the requirements for employers become higher and higher. Ten years ago, one man may only need a middle school diploma to work in a factory, but now every company, every factory want their employers to have college degree or higher. I don’t think anyone want to be jobless because he doesn’t have any college degree. Beside, college or university degree can guarantee for a high salary in the future. According to some report I read last year, people who have college degree earn two times much more than one who only have high school diploma, or even four times higher with the bachelor from any national university.
Although increasing knowledge, obtaining some new experiences etc are some others logical reasons, I think they are not as important as the reasons I raised in this essay. Because you can do all of this things without having to go to college or university. I myself, as a college student, choose these reasons when the question: why I go to college come to me.

I’m waiting for your comment.
Sincerely.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is Carlos Finlay significant?

Every year, many freshmen attend colleges and universities. When I was asked “why do you, as well as anybody else, go to college?” . There are two main reasons that come up: “exploring their true talent and developing it” and “preparing for their future”.

The first thing I want to say is THAT not everybody is infant prodigy who (not only s/he but also anyone else) CAN know exactly what is his/ her talent. At the average of 18 or 19, almost everyone is on the way to figure out whether s/he has any special talent or not, and what is the most appropriate job for him in the future. (Absolutely) OF COURSE, he can discover it BY HIMSELF without NEEDING TO go to college or university. However, I think THAT with the development of education now, attending college and haveING professional instructor or advisor is the quickest and less risky way that everybody should choose for this purpose. In addition, for (any body) ONE who already knows his strength, taking suitable classes in the college can help him perfect himself with essential skills for his future career.

Furthermore, in comparison with inborn talent, a good preparation for future career plays a very important role in everyone’s success. And this is the most important reason why people want to go to college or university.INDEED,Technology, economy, science, etc, all of them develop day by day, and likely the requirements for employers (YOU MEAN EMPLOYEES ???) become higher and higher. Ten years ago, one man may only need a middle school diploma to work in a factory, but now (every) MANY company, AND factory want their employers to have college degree or higher. I don’t think anyone want to be jobless because he doesn’t have any college degree. Beside, college or university degree can guarantee for a high salary in the future. According to some reportS I read last year, people who have college degree earn two times more than oneS who only have high school diploma, or even four times higher with the bachelor DEGREE from any national university.

Although increasing knowledge, obtaining some new experiences etc are others logical reasons, I think they are not as important as the reasons I raised in this essay. Because you can do all of thESE things without having to go to college or university. I myself, as a college student, choose these reasons when the question: “why I go to college” come to me.