Toefl essay TPO 50

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Today’s, every university have Their own preferable methods of study which is different from other universities policy. In this regard, taking some specific courses has been a controversial issue. Some people believe that students have to study history course in order to be aware of what happened in their countries history in past decades. However, others think it is not necessary to take this course. When it comes to me, I am of the opinion that all students should not be forced to study history. I feel this way for two main reasons which I will explore in following essay.

To begin with, the first vital factor that effects studentperformance is being interested in that major. Inclining in courses that students taking is so essential, so they should be free to choose what course to take on their own. Besides, takingsome courses that students are not interested in is boring for them in the long run and should be considered. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. About seven years ago, although I did not want to take art course, the art department compelled us to take that course. After five weeks, it was not attractive to me anymore and I could not use that class and i felt i was wasting my time there.

The other equally significant reason worth mentioning is that, making all students take courses they may do not like, prevents them from enhance their progress in other fields. Some hardworking students try to prove themselves in other majors, but taking part in courses they do not like, decreases their pace of improvement and as a result, they cannot achieve to their main goals. For instance, two years ago when i was working in my thesis, my professor forced me to take some other courses which were not related to my subject. After a while, I noticed that I could not concentrate on my thesis. If i had not beenforced to take that courses, I would definitely have finished my thesis soon.

To sum up by taking into account all of the above-mentioned reasons and examples, i am strongly disapprove of taking history course for all students. This is because forcing all students to take part in history course is boring for them, and because it decreases their pace of development in their favorite major.

words: 410

2 Likes

Hello Sina, welcome to our forum and thanks for posting your essay. Let’s take a look at one sentence at a time staring with the first I’ve quoted above. There are quite a number of minor mistakes you might want to correct yourself. How many do you spot?

1 Like

Hi, thank you sir appreciate that​:pray::pray:
It is my pleasure to be here
I am so nervous about essays of my toefl exam
I going to take on 2 november i was wondering if your amazing website could help me

2 Likes

Hi again Sina. What are you going to study and where? As for the essays, I recommend you write shorter and simpler sentences thereby limiting the risk of sounding contrived and making mistakes. Write in a similar way to how you speak instead of trying to create long complicated sentences.

1 Like

Well i am going to study master of biotechnology in norway and i need to get 90.Thank you for your recommendation sir.You mean my sentences are complicated?but i thought i should write sophisticated sentence in order to get high scores…so i was wrong

2 Likes

I’m not saying your sentences are complicated but you might want to try writing sentences that are slightly simpler to reduce the risk of sounding unnatural. If you want to study biotechnology you don’t need to be able to write super sophisticated essays on any topic at this point. What really counts is your passion for biotechnology.

1 Like

Yes sir you right i should work on may essay more and correct my mistakes, yes of course passion is the point and i keen to study that major, but english requirement for toefl is at least 90 and i need to get that, anyway, in your view can i improve my writing skill in 1 month?deadline for university apply is on 1 December

2 Likes

Sure you can improve your writing skills if you practise every day and make sure you don’t such mistakes as spelling the pronoun ‘I’ incorrectly or writing ‘I keen’ instead of “I’m keen”, etc. Also, in order to improve your writing skills you need to do a lot of reading. What type of articles and essays do you currently read on a daily basis?

2 Likes

Yes you right they were wrong, actually I am studying readings of TPO everyday but for essay I do not have authentic articles related to toefl essays. I just read my friends essay and learn from them,Where can I find valid resources for essays?

2 Likes

Well, there are a quite a number of sites where you can find high quality reading material for for free. You might try Network Effects in Biotechnology: Introducing Mammoth Biosciences | by NFX | Medium for starters.

1 Like