# Toefl Essay # Technology has made the world a better place to live...

Good evening, Kitosdad,

I would like to ask for your feedback again for this toefl essay and please let me know if there are any things needed to be improved.

Have a good day.
Thanks in advance

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made the world a better place to live. Use specific reasons and examples to support your statement.

Nowadays, it is undeniable that technology becomes a part of our lives. Technology has a considerable impact on many aspects of our lives, changes the way we live, or even dramatically changes the world. Furthermore, it makes our life easier in many ways and makes our world to be a better place to live. It helps increase food and agricultural productivity, helps connect every part of the world together, and helps improve our living and health quality.

Technology helps increase food productivity. It helps improve the agricultural methods so that we can harvest more rice, crop, etc. As the world population is getting bigger, food productivity and starvation is one of the most important concerns, especially for people living in remote areas. Nevertheless, with the help of technology, we will have enough food for everyone. Technology not only helps increase the productivity, but it also helps increase the variety of foods and makes some kind of fruits and vegetables available on specific seasons to be available all year. Furthermore, we can preserve foods or leftovers for another day in freezers or refrigerators. Therefore, we can cook only once and preserve them for many days.

Furthermore, the communication and information technology really helps connect the world together. Nowadays, many parents may have to work far from their children or their children may study in other city or country. Each of family members could stay in touch by talking via cell phone regardless of the distance between them. Although they are far from each other, they can share problems, share happiness, and express their affections. These will help build up relationships between family members.

Last but not least, with the advance of the transportation technology, we can easily go to remote places and the faraway places where we have never been before with very less time. We will have a chance to go traveling to many other places which will broaden our experiences and extend our perspectives. Regarding the business aspect, transportation could help facilitate merchandise distribution and deliver goods faster. Furthermore, consuming products, medicines are available and easily accessible even in remote areas. As a result, both sellers and buyers are happy because sellers can sell more products to many places, and buyers or consumers can access every kind of products regardless of the place they live in. Consequently, the living and health quality will be extremely improved with the help of technology.

Technology helps improve our world in many aspects. It helps provide enough foods for people from every part of the world, helps connect the world together, and help increase our living and health quality. There are still many other advantages and examples why technology plays a vital role in changing our world and we will strongly agree that technology really changes the world to be a better and friendlier place for us forever.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why may Martha need money?

Good evening, Kitosdad,

I would like to ask for your feedback again for this toefl essay and please let me know if there are any things needed to be improved.

Have a good day.
Thanks in advance

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made the world a better place to live. Use specific reasons and examples to support your statement.

Nowadays, it is undeniable that technology HAS become a part of our lives. Technology has HAD a considerable impact on many aspects of our lives, FOR IT HAS changeD the way IN WHICH we live, or even MORE dramatically, changeD the world. Furthermore, it makes our life easier in many ways and makes our world to be a better place to live. It helps increase food and agricultural productivity, helps connect every part of the world together, and helps improve our living and health quality.

Technology helps increase food productivity. It helps improve the agricultural methods so that we can harvest more rice, cropS, etc. As the world population is getting bigger, food productivity and starvation is one of the most important concerns, especially for people living in remote areas. Nevertheless, with the help of technology, we will have enough food for everyone. Technology not only helps increase the productivity, but it also helps increase the variety of foods and makes some kind of fruits and vegetables available ONLY on specific seasons, to NOW be available all year. Furthermore, we can preserve foods or leftovers for another day in freezers or refrigerators. Therefore, we NEED cook only once and preserve them for many days.

Furthermore, the communication and information technology really helps connect the world together. Nowadays, many parents may have to work far from their children or their children may study in other citIES or countrIES. Each of THE family members could stay in touch by talking via cell phone, regardless of the distance between them. Although they are far from each other, they can share problems, share happiness, and express their affections. These will help build up relationships between family members.

Last but not least, with the advance of the transportation technology, we can easily go to remote places and TO the faraway places where we have never been before IN less time. We NOW have a chance to go traveling to many other places which will broaden our experiences and extend our perspectives. Regarding the business aspect, transportation could help facilitate merchandise distribution and THE deliverY OF goods faster. Furthermore, consumER products, SUCH ASmedicines are available and easily accessible even in remote areas. As a result, both sellers and buyers are happy because sellers can sell more products to many places, and buyers or consumers can access every kind of products, regardless of WHERE they live. Consequently, the living and health quality will be extremely improved with the help of technology.

Technology helps improve our world in many aspects. It helps provide enough foods for people IN every part of the world, helps connect the world together, and helpS IN increasING our living and health quality. There are still many other advantages and examples why technology plays a vital role in changing our world, and we will strongly agree that technology really changes the world to be a better and friendlier place for us forever.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good work Bug. You are certainly improving now. This was very good.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thanks for your fast comments.
Again, your comments always make me have a bulb above my head.

Anyway, I have a few questions.

1. Regarding this sentence.
    Technology has HAD a considerable impact on many aspects of our lives, FOR IT HAS changeD the way IN WHICH we live, or even MORE dramatically, changeD the world.
    I wonder why we need ‘FOR’ at that place?

2. I’m confused about using ‘the’. Could you please give me where I should and should not use ‘the’?

Thanks Kito.

P.S.

• I’ve just known that ‘rice’ is a uncountable noun and ‘crop’ is countable.

“For” is purely a natural continuation of the text. Had there been a full stop after lives, then I wouldn’t have used it.

“THE” is a definite article in English. It is used before a specific place, thing or person. It can also be found before nouns, common or proper.

I don’t think crop is countable. I think rice is countable.

#You mean you use ‘for’ as a conjunction in this sentence, right?
As mentioned in the Longman dictionary

for2 conjunction for2 S2 W1 formal used to introduce the reason for something [= because]: I cannot tell whether she is old or young, for I have never seen her. He found it increasingly difficult to read, for his eyesight was beginning to fail.

#I look up both ‘rice’ and ‘crop’ in the Longman dictionary

rice noun rice /raûs/ [uncountable] 1DF a food that consists of small white or brown grains that you boil in water until they become soft enough to eat [↪ risotto, pilau]: a tasty sauce served with rice or pasta a plate of brown rice Serve with plain boiled rice. a few grains of rice 2HBPTAC the plant that produces rice: Rice is the main crop grown in the area. rice fields

crop1 noun crop1 W3 /krãp $ krä:p/ [countable] 1TAC a plant such as wheat, rice, or fruit that is grown by farmers and used as food [↪ GM]: The main crops were oats and barley. crop production crops grown for market ➔ cash crop[/code]

Yes, it is used as a conjunction.

Well, if it’s in a dictionary it is sure to be right. :slight_smile:

“Waiter, there are several/ FOUR/SIX/ grains of rice on this fork!” - Countable?

“The farmer is gathering in his crops.” - Countable?" ( I don’t think so.)

Many things can be both :- Potatoes when mashed are uncountable, but when served whole are countable.

“Would you like SOME mashed potato?”
“How MANY boiled potatoes would you like?”