TOEFL ESSAY - Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends

Could you check my essay if it is off-topic? Please give me a comment. Thank you!

There is no doubt that influence by other people plays a significant role in people’s daily lives in many places. Some say that students are more influenced by their friends, others disagree. Both sides may have their own reasons to support their views. If I had to choose one, I would say that students are more influenced by their teachers. Here are a few reasons why.

First and foremost, Teachers can give you guidance and advice which can motivate and lead your life in the right way. If you listen to them well, you are likely to be sincere and moral in your life. For example, when I was in elementary school, I always enjoyed teachers’ stories besides academic stuff. They said we have to be well-mannered and be nice to people so that we can be respected by others too. I carefully paid attention to what they said and truly absorbed everything. I think my moral and ethical attitudes were all formed by teachers during those times.

Another reason worth mentioning is that teacher can be your role model. You can pick up good things from your role models. For instance, I was very amazed by one of my teachers because she has great teaching skills. No matter what she explains, I could understand very easily and naturally. Additionally, she always wore white cloth and put a name tag on them. It looked so professional and confident. I really admired her and I thought if someone wants to be a teacher, she could be a good role model and standard for everyone.

In short, I firmly believe that students are influenced by their teachers for the reasons mentioned above. You can’t overstate the importance of having guidance and advice from a teacher and having a role model in the pursuit of success in life.

1 Like

There is no doubt that being influenced by others plays an important role in people’s daily lives in many places. Some say that students are more influenced by their friends, while others disagree. Both sides may have their own reasons to support their views. If I had to choose a side, I would say that students are more influenced by their teachers. Here are some reasons why.

First and foremost, teachers can give you advice that can motivate you and steer your life in the right direction. If you listen to them well, you are likely to be sincere and moral in your life. For example, when I was in elementary school, in addition to academic things, I always enjoyed the teachers’ stories. They said that we must behave well and be kind to people so that we can be respected by others. I listened to them attentively and absorbed everything. I think my moral and ethical attitude was formed by the teachers during that time.

Another reason worth mentioning is that teachers can be role models for you. You can learn good things from your role models. For example, I was very impressed with one of my teachers because she was very good at teaching. No matter what she explained, I could understand it very easily and naturally. Also, she always wore white clothes and had a name tag around. She looked so professional and confident. I really admired her and thought that if anyone wants to become a teacher, she could be a good role model and a standard for everyone.

In short, I strongly believe that students are influenced by their teachers for the above reasons. It cannot be overstated how important it is to be guided and advised by a teacher and to have a role model if you want to succeed in life.