TOEFL essay: Some students prefer to study alone.

Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

The choice whether you should study all alone or surrounded by a lot of people is strongly personal and depends only on your characteristics. In my view, studying alone is better than in a team because it’s an easy way to learn to be responsible and independent. Studying is a preparation for your future life and by doing it by yourself, you will be ready to solve problems quickly.

First of all, when people study alone, they are concentrated on your tasks and do not waste their time in communication with other people. For example, even when a group of people are working on a project they have to plan it and share different ideas and suggestions. There is no need to do it when you study alone.

To continue, there is no need for you to depend on other people. As an illustration, I would say that sometimes you are tired and do not feel like working but because of the other members of the group you have to sacrifice and do your best. This is quite inconvenient. Additionally, by studying by yourself, you become a responsible person who knows how to get the things done.

Last but not least, when you have managed to do something difficult all alone, you gain experience and become a self-confident person who is not scared to cope with problems. For instance, if you study in a team, you do not do all the work – there is somebody who helps you. As a result, in the end you cannot be really proud of the report or project because it is not created only by your ideas and thoughts.

As a conclusion, as an extrovert I enjoy meeting and communicating with people, but for me there is no doubt that studying by myself will make me feel accomplished and proud of my hard work and efforts.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do Birds of Paradise have amazing plumages?