Toefl essay: Some people believe that the Earth...

what do you think

• 4.5 and below

0 voters

Hey,
please rate this one unless in a hurry… :slight_smile:

Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live.

Some people consider that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. However, I believe that we harm our planet rather that we improve it. Some of the facts that support my opinion are the large amount of pollution in the
environment, the nature destruction and the numerous perils that endanger the world because of our actions.

Let us start with the fact that humans pollute the Earth the most of all living species. Because of the rapidly developing industry, a lot of inimical waste is being disposed in the environment. Air pollution, for example, has reaches so great an extent, that the ozone layer of the atmosphere in getting thinner every day. In addition, chemicals that are being introduced to the air by the myriad of vehicles and factories in our modern society cause acid rains, which harm nature.

Secondly, by expanding the territories we use, we destroy the wild life. The prospering regions need more landscape; therefore they cut forests, and repel the animals belonging to these areas. Thus we, humans, alloy the fundamental natural balance, making the Earth a more unwholesome place to live on.

Last, but not least, some of the outcome of our prosperity harms or endangers the earth seriously. There are a large number of nuclear facilities , including bombs, that can bring the earth to an end if treated carelessly. Our expanding and polluting has caused many life forms to become extinct.

If we consider all the points mentioned, we will see why those who think we improve Earth are wrong. Therefore, I strongly consider, that human activity harms the world we live in.

TOEFL listening lectures: What does the professor imply about Leonardo da Vinci?