TOEFL essay Some people believe that it is very important...

[size=150]TOEFL essay sample[/size]

Some people believe that it is very important to make large amounts of money, while others are satisfied to earn a comfortable living. Analyze each viewpoint and take a stand. Give specific reasons for your position.

Money matters. But it isn’t the only thing which matters. In this highly commercialized world that we live in, money plays an important role. You need money practically for everything. This is where the question arises that how much money is enough money. Some people believe that there is no limit to how much rich you can be while others are of the view point that there is a limit to how much money you should earn.

It is true that money can buy you all the luxuries in the world, this being the exact reason why many people strive to earn more and more money. One can opt for better quality products if one can afford it. Same is the case with healthcare. On an whole, good things cost more. The more money one has, the more are the choices available. This empowerment which money provides is one of the reasons why people strive to earn more of it.

However, as is the case with all things, too much of money could be bad. It is often said that money is the root cause of all evil. This may sound too cynical and prejudiced to some but history is replete with examples wherein people have resorted to corrupt ways in order to satiate their greed for money. Earning a comfortable living is more than sufficient to take care of ones needs. People who are satisfied with a comfortable living tend to lead happier lives as they are satisfied with what they have.

I personally feel that in the race to earn more money, one ends up not enjoying life and the joy it provides. Instead one becomes more occupied with new channels and sources of earning money. I also feel that the more money one earns the more one is scared and worried about losing it. This is in turn affects ones health adversely. Because of these reasons I feel that one needs only to earn enough money to lead a comfortable life.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social science class