TOEFL ESSAY - saving land for endangered animals

Hi. Could please somebody review my essay to this topic:
Some people think that human needs for farmland, housing, and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals. Do you agree or disagree with this point of view? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

My essay:

Nowdays a topic of saving lands for endangered animals is already being discussed for a while as more and more people are being considered about moral side of the animal-based meet consumption. These people claim that it is immoral to take the lands from the animals for human purposes and they can not find any justification of that. I do however think that there are some benefits of this.

First argument that I could come up with is about resources that are being produced by farmlands on these territories. As stone ages have come to the end, people are not longer going in the woods to find some source of food, they do however go to the groceries and buy the food in a civilised way. It’s only possible because of the farmlands that clearly require to be built somewhere. Also it highly stimulates the economics and makes our society more complex and various in a nutshell.

Another downside of saving lands and not making use of them is about massive population growth on the earth. There are almost 8 billions people out there and it is obvious that they have to settle down and live somewhere. If we decided not to build houses and find some new territories for our needs, we could have suffered from a too large dension of persons on a square meter what comes along with some health problems and worse quality of life.

Last but not least argument that I already have briefly mentioned is people’s health. With no farmlands built and used we have to alter our diet habits and maybe even start to avoid the consumption of animal-based meet. This could be dangerous for our bodies as we have been evolving as the species for centuries and there is clearly some vitamins and proteins that a human body can get only from this source of food.

With all that being said, I have to highlight that the idea of saving some lands for endangered animals has much more cons that pros: In the current world it is almost impossible to avoid taking new lands for human needs.

1 Like

Nowadays, the issue of saving land for endangered animals has been discussed for some time, as more and more people think about the moral side of consuming animals. These people claim that it is immoral to take animals’ land for human purposes, and they cannot find any justification for it. However, I believe that there are some advantages to doing so.

The first argument that comes to my mind is the resources that will be gained by cultivating these lands. Since the stone age has ended, people no longer go to the forests to find a source of food, but they go to the grocery stores and buy food in a civilized way. This is only possible because there is arable land, which of course has to be planted somewhere. It also gives a big boost to the economy and makes our society more complex and diverse, in short.

Another disadvantage of saving land and not using it is the massive population growth on Earth. There are nearly 8 billion people out there, and it is obvious that they need to settle down and live somewhere. If we were to stop building houses and find new areas for our needs, we could suffer from too much density of people in one square meter, which comes with some health problems and poorer quality of life.

The last but not least important argument, which I have already briefly mentioned, is people’s health. If no more farmland is built and used, we will have to change our eating habits and maybe even start avoiding the consumption of animal meat. This could be dangerous for our bodies, as we have evolved as a species for centuries and there are clearly some vitamins and proteins that a human body can only get from this food source.

Having said all this, I must emphasize that the idea of preserving some areas for endangered animals has many more disadvantages than advantages: In today’s world it is almost impossible to avoid claiming new territories for human needs.