TOEFL essay sample: What recent news story has affected you the most

Essay Topic:
What recent news story has affected you the most?

[size=150]TOEFL essay[/size]

There are many news stories that are important for me on every day, but that it affected the most on me was about the use of small computers to improve the school work in poor countries.

The engineers of the M.I.T. and some and some companies like IBM are building a notebook with special parts, that will cost only 100$, with this machine the kids of any country will have a new way to study and cooperate in the school and with his community.

The notebook will replace all the books, and will be equipped with a wireless networking system, to make possible to share all the data in the classroom.

Also, the machine will be ready to use in places without electricity, because of the use of an efficient power system, using many kinds of supplies like the power of the sun.

I think that this was a very interesting tool that can change the rules of the education in many places, and will cut the advantages between rich countries and poor countries.

Thanks a lot. - this is my first essay :slight_smile:

TOEFL listening discussions: How does Dr Beech characterize the assistantship?

According to my view in today’s situation,unemployement affected me very much.because most of the people are getting job because of influence and people with real talents are neglected.It will be OK to withstand for some upper middle class people without a job but for people who comes from economically weak background suffers very much.since i had no problem for money i escaped.The low salary people suffer very much.

HI,

According to my view/IN MY OPINION in today’s situation,unemployement HAS affected me very much.because most of the people are getting jobS because of influence and people with real talents are neglected.It will be OK ( to withstand)for some upper middle class people TO SURVIVE without a job but for people who comes/COME from economically weak backgroundS suffers/SUFFER very much.Since i/I had no problem for/WITH money i/I escaped.The low salary/SALARIED people suffer very much.

A