TOEFL essay sample: Some people like to do only what they already do well

Some people like to do only what they already do well. Other people prefer to try new things and take risk. Which do you prefer! Use specific reasons and examples to support.

On earth there are many people and all having different criteria of work and opinions. Some people want to do same work everyday while others want different work everyday. No matter, what you want, result always matter. I like to do new things and take risk. I like this because of many reasons.

I know my nature, I get bored very soon. Therefore, I don’t prefer same work everyday. For instance, if I have the same schedule for a whole year, then after some time I will not take interest in my work. I don’t like to do same work everyday therefore; I get bored by doing household chores. In household chores women do the same work.

I want to do some creative work. That’s why I prefer to try new things. I have this quality therefore, I chose science background and now I am in research field. In this field everyday I have some creative work to do. I try new things everyday. In this field there is no need of hand skills.

Risks will always come if people want to do new things. I am not afraid of taking risk. Hence, I prefer to do new work. In new work sometimes it can be possible that I will not be able to find success. Even then, I will prefer to do new work. I will prefer to try new things because I want to get knowledge. This is not only for me, but also for each and every person who wants to get knowledge.

People, who have good skills to do things, should prefer to do same work. I have no neatness in my hand so I prefer different work. I feel happy if I face challenges in my work.

Finally, I would like say I will be happy if I find a chance to choose new things in my daily work.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is Carlos Finlay significant?

Hi,

On earth there are many people and ALL OF THEM HAVE different criteria FOR work and opinions. Some people want to do THE same JOB everyday while others want different work everyday. No matter, what you want, resultS always matter. I like to do new things and take riskS. I like this FOR many reasons.

I know my nature, I get bored very soon. Therefore, I don’t prefer THE same work everyday. For instance, if I have the same schedule for a whole year, then after some time I will not take ANY interest in my work. I don’t like to do THE same work everyday therefore; I get bored by doing household chores. In household chores women do the same work.

I want to do some creative work. That’s why I prefer to try new things. I have this quality therefore I chose A science background and now I am in research . In this field everyday I have some creative work to do. I try new things everyday. In this field there is no need FOR MANUAL skills.

Risks will always come if people want to do new things. I am not afraid of taking riskS. Hence, I prefer to do new work. In new work sometimes it can be possible that I will not be able to find success. Even then, I prefer to do new work. I prefer to try new things because I want to ACQUIRE knowledge. This is not only for me, but also for each and every person who wants to ACQUIRE knowledge.

People, who have good skills to do things, should prefer to do THE same work. I have no neatness in my hand so I prefer different work. I feel happy if I face challenges in my work.

Finally, I would like say I WOULD be happy if I find a chance to choose new things in my daily work.

NOTE Usually this is written as two words: Every day

Alan