TOEFL essay sample: It is better to be safe than sorry

Do you agree or disagree or disagree with the following statemet?
It is better to be safe than sorry.
Use reasons and examples to support your response.

I’m disagree with this statement because it’s very difficult for me to consider my problems in details. If I want to be safe I must spend a lot of time to think over my actions. Another problem is the doubt. If I spend a lot of time for thinking I will doubt in my decisions.

Many people prefer to consider their decisions in details. They think that it’s a right way to take the decision. In fact, we take decisions every day, but we don’t think about them. We believe in our intuition… If we start thinking about every action in our life, we will lose our time in thinking. I think that the meaning of the word safe and indecisive are too closest. It’s very easy to transform your safety in indecision. For example, If I have one question with two possible answers. I have two possibilities. The First is to spend a lot of time in searching for the correct answer. The second is to take decision immediately and to save my time. If I make mistake I’ll choose the other answer. In that case I’ll save my time and I’ll take the right decision.

If I take decision fast I will improve my self-confidence. I’ll believe in my mind. If I spend a lot of time in thinking about decisions, I’ll lose my self-confidence. I believe that if I’m in doubt about one question, the answers of the question are with equal worth. If they are with equal worth, it’s not good to spend a lot of time about question.

In conclusion I will change the name of the question. According to me it’s better to try than to be safe. I think that If we believe in our intuition we will save our time and we will take right decisions.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in the Social Sciences Department

Hi,

I disagree with this statement because it’s very difficult for me to consider my problems in DETAIL. If I want to be safe I must spend a lot of time to think ABOUT my actions. Another problem is doubt. If I spend a lot of time thinking I will doubt my decisions.

Many people prefer to consider their decisions in detail. They think that it’s a right way to take the decision. In fact, we take decisions every day, but we don’t think about them. We believe in our intuition… If we start thinking about every action in our life, we will WASTE our time ON thinking. I think that the meaningS of the wordS safe and indecisive are too CLOSE. It’s very easy to transform your safety in indecision. For example, If I have one question with two possible answers. I have two possibilities. The first is to spend a lot of time searching for the correct answer. The second is to take A decision immediately and to save time. If I make A mistake I’ll choose the other answer. In that case I’ll save time and I’ll take the right decision.

If I take A decision fast I will improve my self-confidence. I’ll believe in my mind. If I spend a lot of time thinking about decisions, I’ll lose my self-confidence. I believe that if I’m in doubt about one question, the answers of the question are OF equal worth. If they are OF equal worth, it’s not good to spend a lot of time OVER THE question.

In conclusion I will change the name of the question. IN MY OPINION it’s better to try than to be safe. I think that If we believe in our intuition we will save time and we will take CORRECT decisions.

Alan

Safe life is considered the highest goal for every creature, but sometimes sorry decision is more honors and it forces itself on our life. Safe has a lot of benefits like enjoy with our life, helping in our nations progresses……etc. In other hand Sorry has sometimes benefits like honor life, and remove injustice. So when we want to take a decision we must take the safe- sorry benefits to make equilibrium for this decision.
Safe advantages like good progressed life. In spite of we can work comfortably without fear, In addition we can enjoy with our lifetimes, the safe nations has great progress like every country and also safe person live a high enjoyed life and can do his work very good. So take decision must be after high thinking and take overview for benefits, useful and harmful results
Sorry also may have great benefits sometime like if someone come to kill my wife the right decision is defending for my honor , also may removing injustice for people who do not have the ability for that.
Safe and sorry are two conflict words , If we do for one the other will removed , life has a lot sorry decisions and also a lot of safe decisions , So it is impossible to be safe every time and in other hand sorry every time is impossible so I disagree with this sentence. We modify this sentence to be “Almost, Safe is better than Sorry”