TOEFL essay sample: Effects of the internet

[size=150]TOEFL essay sample[/size]

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
The invention of the internet has had negative effects on your civilization.

Nowadays people of the world use the internet broadly. Invention of the internet has had many different effects in many various aspects of the human life. Although I dont deny some negative effects of the invention of the internet but I violently disagree with this opinion that internet has had only negative effects on civilization.Internet is like a knife. You can kill a man with a knife or use it for cutting fruits and eating them. It is only an instrument and can be used for good or bad purposes. Internet is an instrument too. It can be very useful and would have good results. I now point out some good aspects of the internet:

With using internet you can communicate with persons from other side of the world and ,send and receive file , software, picture,etc to each other or share them .You can find and download good e-books from internet and study them. EC(Electrinic Commerce) is another new things in internet that has its own benefits. So people can trade with each other without traveling long distances. With internet people can check their accounts in the bank. they can reserve airplane and train tickets just with clicking mouse. students of universities can select their courses for a term by going to the site of the university. So internet has had a lot of possotive effects on our civilization. Albiet it may had some disadvantages such as security problems .
All in all with all advantageouses and disadvantageouses of the intenet we use it and we can hope that every one use it Well.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and her student

Hi,

Alan