TOEFL essay sample: 'Childhood is the happiest time...'

DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT? CHILDHOOD IS THE HAPPIEST TIME IN A PERSON’S LIFE.

[size=150]TOEFL essay sample[/size]

In every person’s life there are many important times. One of them is childhood. Some people may argue that childhood is the happiest time in a person’s life, other think that it isn’t so.
I delete do agree that childhood is the greatest time in everyone’s life for many reasons.
Initially, when you are a child, every dream seems realizable. Also, a child has got a huge imagination which permits him to imagine or invent a lot of enjoyable situations. For example, a child can imagine to be a biologist who’s studying the animals. Moreover, he can imagine to be a teacher.
Then, a child has got few responsibilities. His only duties are learning and having fun with his friends. However, children responsibilities increase step by step. For instance, if today a child is allowed to go to the store next his home’s door, the time after he will probably be allowed to go in a store placed in another street and so on. He’s to has to become responsible by himself.
Finally, learning is easier for a child. The children’s memory is by far better than the adults’ and they can learn a huge amount of information without difficulties. Also, they are very fast in learning foreign languages or other subjects at school, such as science or history. Moreover, they have a particular capacity in memorize dates an numbers.
I delete do believe that childhood is the best time in people’s life. The reasons are various. First, children’s imagination permit them to dream and enjoy themselves, second they have got a restricted amount of responsibilities, third when you’re a child learning is very easy.
Thus, childhood is the time when a person have to enjoy himself as much as possible and have “to taste” the huge amount of possibilities that it offers.

Thank you in advance for yor suggests!

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their first class of the term

Hi,

I’ve made some changes in CAPITAL letters:

Alan

While watching my young cousin play with her toys, and seeing how careless and free she seems, I wonder: Have I been the same? Every time I think of my childhood, I don’t seem to remember any careless days or happy games with my friends. But my younger years are no guide to judging childhood and I completely agree that these years are the most joyful time in one’s life. It is free of concerns and money matters; it’s just a never-ending free time.

Some people might argue that when the parents fight in front of the child and when they involve it in their quarrels, it is inevitable that the child feels unhappy. Then what if the child escapes to his grandparents’ house or goes to play with his friends? Nobody can deny that the memories he or she has of games and friends are far more than enjoyable to remember. I believe that this overcomes the negative parts of childhood.

On the other hand, when the parents mind their manners in front of the child and make sure it doesn’t miss love and care and provide him or her the most appropriate environment for the child to grow up, what more can the kid ask for to be happy? Generally, kids are believed to be innocent and evil-free, therefore they get anything they want. For example, children brought up at home are a lot happier than those who have grown up in an orphanage. This proves my view that kids are given everything they need to feel nice.

Besides, do you know anyone who remembers the nice part of his or her childhood? I don’t. This is due to the fact that people are such creatures that ignore the joy of what they already have and suffer for something they don’t yet possess. This is the ordinary pestering. However, the best way to appreciate what one has is to lose it.