TOEFL essay sample: attending university or college

essay topic
People attend university or college for many different reasons ( for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge, etc). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

[size=150]TOEFL essay sample: TUDYING IN COLLEGE[/size]

In my opinion, college is the place for people to learn more new knowledge, skills and experiences which are not only contained in books but also in the real life. I think that there are many reasons why people attend college such as gaining knowledge and skills, finding new experiences, preparing for their future jobs, etc.

First of all, studying in college gives students a large amount of new knowledge. Many people say that they don’t need to go to college to learn knowledge, they can do it themselves. I agree with them because they can buy books and self – study but I think that it’s take a long time for them to learn a large amount of knowledge and solve problems they have when studying. But if attending college, combining self – studying in college library and taught by teachers and professors you will learn quickly and better. Gaining knowledge not only is good for you to have a better life condition but also widen your world recognition.

Secondly, attending college is one way for you to prepare for your future. If you want to apply to a company for factory, you must have some obliged qualifications. College is the place for you to have those qualifications. The higher score you get, the higher position you can have in company. There are many people choose the way to buy qualifications or working in fields which don’t need high education. But I think that it’s not a good way to live because if you buy qualifications, of course you can be employed in some companies; but you will be soonly fired because nothing can always be hiden. Or if you work in fields which don’t need high education you will never be paid high salary and your life will be very contemporary. So I think that studying college and gaining qualifications is the good way for you to prepare your life.

Last but not least, studying in college gives you many new experiences. I agree with the statement: “ not everything that is learned is contained in books ”. In college, you will have chance to work in pairs and groups, you can discuss problems with other students and view their opinion about those problems. You can share your background knowledge, exchange cultures with them. College is the ideal environment for you to perfect yourself. You will be familiar with living with strangers and you will have chance to perfect yourself. Maybe, they can help you very much not now but in future time.

I think that attending college is the way for people to gain knowledge, prepare future jobs and have new experiences. They will widen their world recognition.

PS: can you score for me from 1 - 5 ( thank you very much )

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a research professor and a student

HI,

In my opinion, college is the place for people to learn more new knowledge, skills and experiences which are not only contained in books but also in (the) real life. I think that there are many reasons why people attend college such as gaining knowledge and skills, finding new experiences, preparing for their future jobs, etc.

First of all, studying in college gives students a large amount of new knowledge. Many people say that they don’t need to go to college to learn knowledge, they can do it themselves. I agree with them because they can buy books and self–study but I think that it’s/IT takeS a long time for them to learn a large amount of knowledge and solve problems they have when studying. But if attending college, combining self – studying in THE college library and taught by teachers and professors you will learn quickly and better. Gaining knowledge IS not only good for you to have a better life condition but IT also widenS your world recognition./UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD

Secondly, attending college is one way for you to prepare for your future. If you want to apply to a company for A factoryJOB, you must have some obliged/OBLIGATORY qualifications. College is the place for you to have/GET those qualifications. The higher score you get, the higher position you can have in THE company. There are many people WHO choose the way to buy qualifications or working/WORK in fields which don’t need high education. But I think that it’s not a good way to live because if you buy qualifications, of course you can be employed in some companies; but you will SOON be fired because nothing can always be hidDen. Or if you work in fields which don’t need high education you will never be paid A high salary and your WORKING life will be very contemporary/TEMPORARY??. So I think that studying AT college and gaining qualifications is the good/BEST way for you to prepare FOR your life.

Last but not least, studying in college gives you many new experiences. I agree with the statement: “ not everything that is learned is contained in books ”. In college, you will have THE chance to work in pairs and groups, you can discuss problems with other students and view their opinion about those problems. You can share your background knowledge, exchange cultures with them. College is the ideal environment for you to perfect/IMPROVE yourself. You will be familiar with living with strangers and you will have THE chance to perfect/IMPROVEyourself. Maybe, they can help you very much not now but in THE future (time).

I think that attending college is the way for people to gain knowledge, prepare FOR future jobs and have new experiences. They will widen their world recognition/UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD.

A