TOEFL Essay Sample: Actions speak louder than words

Hello, I am new here and I am going to do the TOEFL test, April 2010.
Could somebody check my essay?, please.

To begin with, this is one of my favorite quotations, because there is a song called “Louder than Words” from my favorite band Celldweller, so I am а little sensitive about it. Therefore, I firmly believe that actions speak louder than words because when a person does something, everybody who is around will judge the results of the action and will connect the action to the person who did it.

One good example of it is the politician who is involved in a political scandal. Regardless of whether the politician can prove his innocence, most people connects the politician’s image to scandals and lies, and won’t support him again. Politics is the opposite embodiment of this quotation - all of them are always talking without doing anything. That is why people cannot trust them, which leads to less voting and less confidence.

Another point which has to be observed is that people talk about many things and some speak a lot, all the time, about things that are not true. For this reason, society is getting used to not believing in words, but in actions. Therefore, actions are more difficult to be realized. Actions always leave results behind and results are the best example of the reliability of the actions.

One of the brightest examples is love. When a person wants to show his/her love to another, he should not only speak but act. For this reason, you have to show this love, otherwise you will be ignored. It is hard to say that you love someone but it is harder to show it, even the hardest thing to do in your maybe entire life.
To conclude, it is better to talk less and to do more – actions are evaluated and appreciated better than words!

Thanks!

Hi Haunted
Welcome to this forum.
Please start a new topic to write an essay.
On this forum:
english-test.net/forum/forum16.html
Click on new topic, write your essay then post it to the forum.

Besides, please read this page:
a meaningful message title
Best of luck.