TOEFL essay: It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built...

It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighbor. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

I always appreciate new investments in my community. Therefore I’m sure that a new restaurant in my neighborhood will improve people’s life in it in two ways. First, people it’ll provide many opportunities for dinning. Second, we know that new investments provide more work positions. In the following passages I’ll illustrate my statement with many reasons and examples.

Firstly, entertainment industry is an indicator about life standard in a region. Building a new restaurant mean that people have sufficient money to visit it. We know that eating in restaurants is more expensive that eating in home. Consequently, every new restaurant show peoples welfare. In my opinion variety of food restaurants is very important for people’s happiness. If you have chance to visit many restaurants you will have opportunity to choose the food, which is better for you. For example, there is only three types of restaurants in my community – bulgarian, italian and chinese restaurants. If I like oriental or mexican food it will be very difficult for me to find this food.

Secondly, I think that one restaurant will increase the number of work positions in the region. It’ll help to my local community. For instance, many students in my hometown are searching for a job, because they haven’t insufficient money to pay life expenditures. In most cases, one restaurant provides minimum ten work positions. It includes – servers, stewards, cooks and managers. Consequently, the restaurant will helps ten students to finish their education.

In conclusion, I think that building a new restaurant have many advantages. In most cases it’ll offer different kinds of foods, however it’ll provide many works positions, which will help people in my local

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student need money?