TOEFL essay examples: Food has become easier to prepare.

FOOD HAS BECOME EASIER TO PREPARE

Lately, the progression affected all levels of our lives, including food preparation. There are still some people cooking in traditional way, spending plenty of time in the kitchen, especially in rural areas. On the other hand, more and more people take advantage of many kitchen ads, frozen foods, and semi-home made recipes. I believe that this change improves the way people live, especially in urban areas.

Living at a fast pace, determined us to find solutions to minimize spending too much time cooking. To illustrate this idea, I found myself digging for simple, but nutritious recipes for my family that includes a four-year old son. I realized that making a soup from scratch it’s not so difficult. For example, to minimize the general cooking time, I freeze two or three portions for latter. I also boil fresh pasta for every meal, so the soup will taste really good. I also use to make many salads, which are easer, tasteful, and nutritious foods for my family. Making a salad is also a fun way to involve my son and to spend quality time with him.

Managing time when raising a young child and studying might be challenging sometimes. As a result, I take advantage of frozen vegetables, some frozen foods, some simple canned vegetables or fruits and of course the microwave and the grill. There is plenty of discussion about the nutritious aspects of frozen meals; they are more processed and not such nutritious like fresh food. However, simple frozen vegetables are quality food as they get frozen before getting old. I mean that they freeze very fresh vegetables, sometimes fresher than we find in the grocery store. In addition, frozen food cooks very quickly.

In summary, using technology and frozen meals can save a family’s dinner, when nothing else is available! Also, spending less time in the kitchen, let us get involved in other activities, including spending more time with our family members or going for a walk. I enjoy the benefit of kitchen ads and everything that can make our lives easier.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which designer did not work at the Bauhaus?

1 Like

Florired. if you had taken the time to read through your essay a couple of times, I’m sure that you would have seen the many small mistakes that spoiled it.

Kitosdad,

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Sincerely,
Florired

Thank you for your consideration. It means a lot to me. I have TOEFL exam at the end of this month.

Nowadays, the progression affected all levels of our lives, including food preparation. There are still some people cooking in a traditional way, spending plenty of time in the kitchen, especially in rural areas. On the other hand, more and more people take advantage of many kitchen ads, frozen foods, and semi-home made recipes. I believe that this change improves the way people live, especially in urban areas.

Living at a fast pace, determined us to find solutions to minimize spending too much time cooking. To illustrate this idea, I found myself digging for simple, but nutritious recipes for my family that includes a four-year old son. I realized that making a soup from scratch it’s not so difficult. For example, to minimize the total time spent in the kitchen, I freeze two or three portions for later. I also boil fresh pasta for every meal, so the soup will taste really good, every time. I also use to make many salads, which are easy, tasteful, and nutritious meals for my family. Making a salad is also a fun way to involve my son and to spend quality time with him.

Managing time when raising a young child and studying might be challenging sometimes. As a result, I benefit from a wide range of frozen food and vegetables, some canned vegetables and fruit and of course the microwave and the grill, comparing with my country where almost everything has to be made from scratch. There is plenty of discussion about the nutritious aspects of frozen meals; they are more processed and not so nutritious like fresh food. However, simple frozen vegetables are quality food as they get frozen before getting old. I mean that they freeze very fresh vegetables, sometimes fresher than we find in the grocery store. In addition, frozen food cooks very quickly.

In summary, using technology and frozen meals can save a family’s dinner, when both parents work, or when there is a single working parent in the house. Moreover, spending less time in the kitchen, let us get involved in other activities, including having more time to read, watch TV or go for a walk. I enjoy the benefit of kitchen ads and everything that can make our life easier, including cooking.

1 Like

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved
the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Technology leads to invention. This technology has affected the food industry also. Variety of food appliances like the oven, microwave, toaster etc. have made life easy for the people in today’s busy world. Additionally, using latest technology and machines in the factory, lots of food products are being processed which were never even imagined in the past. All these aid in decreasing the cooking time and enable the people to enjoy home-made food in less time.

Tons of food products are available in the market. Some ingredients are available in multiple forms, so that people can buy what they need for cooking. For example, to use garlic, traditionally the only way to use it was to get garlic bulbs from the market. Then, one had to peel it after which it had to be again crushed or minced according to requirement. Nowadays, peeled garlic cloves are available. Also, minced garlic is available readily which saves a lot of time doing it at home.

Many ready-to-eat foods are available which just needs to be put in the microwave and can be prepared in minutes. Availability of frozen vegetables, fruits and other products which can be stored for long time are used to help in quick preparation of food. Canned food is equally common. Quality of foods is not compromised and also helps in quick preparation of food. Organic foods, not involving preservatives and other chemicals are easily available from the health perspective.

Specific foods are developed keeping in mind the intolerance or allergic response to certain ingredients like milk, wheat or soy. Lactose free milk is available for lactose intolerant people . Many people allergic to milk or other dairy products have the option of having soy milk, cheese, so that they don’t have to live without those foods.

Due to the availability of tons of food items and raw materials in different forms, and development of various gadgets it has become a lot easy to prepare food. Unlike the early years, where cooking used to be quite elaborate because there were not many equipments and mostly everything needed to be done by hand, cooking today has become a lot easy which plays a crucial role in saving time and thereby improving the life of people.

Good morning Namcy. I had to smile to myself when reading this one. You were brimming over with ideas on this subject, and your exuberance and haste to get it all down in black and white led you to making lots of small, simple errors.

Were you to slowly read through your essay again, then these would be evident to you.

I do so enjoy reading your work because you obviously give a lot of thought to all of the subjects that you cover. I think you are making these small errors because you are reading through your finished work too early after finishing it, and you skim it quickly because you know in your mind what you have written and you " see " what isn’t there, or isn’t quite right.

My advice is that you put your finished work aside for an hour or so, and then review it. This way the errors jump off the page at you.

Conclusion :- It was a great essay, as usual.

Kitosdad.

Florired, I’ve tried to improve it a little.

Nowadays, the advances in technology has affected all of our lives, including food
and its preparation.

There are still people living in rural areas who persist in the preparation and cooking of food in the traditional fashion, spending lots of their time in the kitchens.

On the other hand, more and more people take advantage of the very many kitchen aids, frozen foods, and semi-home made recipes. I believe that this change improves the quality of peoples lives.

The pace of modern living drives us to find solutions to minimize spending too much time cooking. To illustrate this idea, I found myself researching for simple, but nutritious recipes for my young family

I realized that making a soup from scratch it’s not such a difficult project. For example, to minimize the time I need to spend in the kitchen, I freeze two or three portions for later. I also boil fresh pasta for every meal, so the soup will taste really good, each time I prepare it.

I also make many salads, which are easy, tasteful, and nutritious for my family. Making a salad is also a fun way to involve my son in it’s preparation, and in doing so allows me to spend quality time with him.

Managing time whilst raising a young child and studying, is very challenging at times. As a result, I appreciate the many benefits that I can derive from using a wide range of frozen food and vegetables, canned vegetables and fruit, and of course the microwave and the grill, compared with my country where almost everything has to be made from scratch.

There are lots of discussions relating to the questionable nutritional aspects of frozen meals; they are more processed and not so nutritious as fresh food. However, simple frozen vegetables are a quality food, as they get frozen before deteriorating. They freeze very fresh vegetables, sometimes fresher than we find in the grocery store. In addition, frozen food cooks very quickly.

In summary, using technology and frozen meals when both parents are working, or when there is a single working parent, can be of great benefit to the busy housewife. Moreover, spending less time in the kitchen allows us get involved in other activities, including having more time to read, watch TV or going walking. I enjoy the benefit of kitchen aids and anything that can make our life easier, including cooking.

1 Like

Agree? what could be the issue?