TOEFL: direct or written complaint. What do you think??

When people need to complain about a product or poor service, some prefer to complain in writing and others prefer to complain in person. Which way do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
====================================================================== ==================
There are lots of companies which manufacture same types of products in the market because of competition and try their best to serve better products to consumers. People often complain to companies to fulfill their requirements. Some like to complain in written manner while others prefer directly to authority. I prefer to complain directly to the authorities.

In written manner, a person has to take out some time to write proper and clear complain. Then, a person has to send it through courier which may take time to reach and receive response or sometimes, authority avoids answering to consumer for their benefit. At that time, direct communication is better and it saves lots of time. In direct reporting, there may have a chance of getting instant solution. My neighbour, jayesh has bought a DVD player from the clearance sale, last month; but, he got the damaged piece but he did not complain at that time. He sent a complaint to authority through letter and after couple of days, he got reply that according to sales policy, company is not responsible of damage after it has been delivered and liable to replace the product. At that time, if he had reported directly, he might have a fresh working dvd player.

In direct reporting, a person has advantage to get clear identity of a contact person. Sometimes, a person wants report to higher authority in case of poor satisfaction about the complained response. At the time, contact person identity is required to mention.

Direct reporting is best in case of priority response if a person wants to get effect about his report from that time. My friend, Umesh found bad apples in the super market and he reported to the authority to replace them. At that time, direct reporting becomes necessary.

In brief, I think direct communication is best way to get solution. It saves lots of time and gives fast solution.
====================================================================== ===================
Word count : 320

Thanking You
waiting for feedback

TOEFL listening lectures: The professor mentions watermelons as an example of what?