to be interested to vs. to be interested in

Hi,

I’ve recently come across the following phrase written by an English-native speaker: ‘Should you be interested to attend the event, please…’. Is it really possible to use preposition ‘to’ instead of ‘in’ after ‘be interested’?

Thanks in advance!

That’s a badly written phrase which should be:

Should you be interested in attending the event…
or
If you are interested in attending the event…

I am not interested this time.

E2e4,

If you were not interested, you shouldn’t have said anything.

Seems to me you haven’t got it properly,Tofu.

"I am not interested this time.’ is a proper form.
I am not interested in this time wouldn’t be a proper form.

I am interested in “something”. Would be the proper form. Must be an object. What am I interested in?
I am interested in what?

I am not interested.
I am not interested at all.

got it?

In addition, any mistakes? Thanks

E2e4,

Did I said that “I am not interested this time” is grammatically wrong?

No, you didn’t.

In addition I would say

Have I said that…

The present perfect is much better choice because you are interested in fact that you haven’t said something. You are not interested in when it was said.

E2e4,

You are correct on “Did I say”. Apart from the point, I don’t understand what you’re saying.

E2 - Your post (#3), though grammatically correct, does not seem to have anything to do with the question which was asked.

There was a genuine sentence,‘Should you be interested to attend the event, please…’

You said it should have been “interested in attending”…“in” was needed together with gerund form “attending”. (If I’ve got this properly at both that time and now)

I ,then, gave an example in which “in” wasn’t needed,‘I am not interested this time.’

What’s the problem with that? Additionally, what was the need that my the first post on this forum that had taken its place before more than 250 other posts, and over a month ago, ought to have again been fronted by a member?

I am sorry for any inconvenience I do to members. I think, the problem is related to coming from different cultures, my poor knowledge of the language and my wish to get as much as it is possible but as soon as possible.

Thanks

But your sentence doesn’t change the fact that ‘in’ and ‘attending’ are both required in the original sentence.
Your sentence:
I am not interested this time
would actually be extended to:
I am not interested in attending this time
if the habit of ‘assuming’ information to increase fluency did not exist.

I’m not sure what you mean by a post being fronted by a member. At the time you posted, I saw your response and though it didn’t seem to have anything to do with the original question, it was correct English so I just ignored it. However, the nature of a forum means that sometimes posts made years ago are suddenly resurrected when someone sees it for the first time and comments.

I think you have quite a good developing knowledge of the language (as I said earlier, sometimes your posts are very accurate). Until it has developed even further, thank you for taking my advice and ensuring that your latest posts make it clear that your suggestions come from another learner. That’s very helpful and will hopefully avoid misunderstandings. It is much appreciated.

Your tolerance is appreciated as well.