This(Thus) far and no further

Can “Thus far and no further” and “This far and no further” be interchangeably used in all contexts.
Or, is ‘This far…’ used in direct speech and ‘Thus far…’ in reported speech?

No, they are not interchangeable. “Thus far” means “as far as we have gone up to now”, usually in an abstract sense, as when talking about reading a text or covering some subject matter.

Could you explain more?
Actually I wanted to consider using them in the following situation.
Somebody provoked me. And I have hit the rock-bottom of my patience. Then I want him to stop irritating me.
So which of them ‘Thus…’ or ‘This…’ is suited here?

Let’s call this situation 2.
In a war a country attacked its neighbour, where the latter waited without much retaliation.
After some time, when a substantial portion of land was found to be encroached the neighbour decided to put an end to this.
Which among the usages ‘This…’ or ‘Thus…’ is suitable here, in these two situations(First one in my last post)?

Anybody to clear this?

Hi,

‘Thus far’ suggests this is as far we have reached/got to. You could be recounting a story and explaining how far the story has reached. Often ‘thus far’ is the same as ‘so far’. You can see this for example on a television series where the programme notes tell you what has happened before you see what is going to happen next. The wording would be: The story thus/so far. ‘This far’ is used in the sense of ‘up to this point’ and suggests that there is now time to reflect on what has been achieved and whether it’s worth continuing as in: The company has been successful with this product this far and now we have to decide whether we should promote it further.

Alan

I see. So, the same meaning of ‘Thus far’ and ‘This far’ can be extended for these expressions as well.
Thanks, Alan.