This is how I use them

Hello everyone,

Syed provides an example of how advocates speak out on behalf of companies participating in this business‑to‑business (B2B) platform. “There might be a question in the Spiceworks community about Unitrends [an enterprise data backup company]. Somebody will come and ask a question and then one of the people in the community who sees it might write, ‘I’ve just pinged Katie from Unitrends. She’ll be here to answer the question. I think they’re a great product. This is how I use them.’ If you have a good reputation, especially if the person who represents your company on Spiceworks has a good reputation, advocates will show up and often correspond on your behalf.”

What does “This is how I use them” imply in the context above?
Does it refer to pinging Katie?

Thank you.

I think thye writer is imagining one of two scenarios:

1. the person giving the answer is about to go on to explain how they use Unitrend’s products and services;
  2. the person who asked the question now being answered asked a specific question about how the services might be used, and the person answering is confirming that this is the exact way they use the products/services themselves.

Thank you, Beeesneees.