This is Easter expected to be the warmest in history

Just in case you haven’t noticed yet that global warming is real and immediate – this Easter is going to be the warmest and driest for the past 30 years. It’s very likely that this year’s drought will be even worse than last years. On Many 24 there will be the second Global Strike For Future and you should take part in it:

3 Likes

Tell you what. In acient times april has been a wet time. As I live in the country side somwhere in western Germany we have been do either drown in the mud enterring the meadows or at least slip out in the mud.Today I got scared finding out that already there are fissures in the ground caused by the last summer drought and the lack of rain in the winter. A befriended landscape gardener told that other than usual there is no water below 70cm underground. It has been 2 meters before.
Also it is a challenge to purchase hay for the ponies. Our meadow alone would grow enough for them both hobby horses, But caused by the last summer just one harvest has been possible. Usual for pony fodder is at least 2 harvests a year. If not some rain will drop down soon, I even fear for the first harvest.
Yes, it is pretty high time for protest. Plus look what we ourselfes can do like avoiding useless car drives and go by bycicle for short distances. These are my first actions.
Interesting, too: differently from the times of my youth when it´s been impossible to pass distances by bycicle because of the cold and frost nowadays one even can bike in winter. Or should I rather say: when I was a youngster people weren´t such pantywaists as we are today. Not all people owned cars, hence we had to overcome distances by bycicle. there was no other chance.

2 Likes

Well, apparently we are losing the war on the climate change:

2 Likes