the use of 'experience'

Hi,

Do you find “experience” in the following sentence odd? (because it is defined as “knowledge or skill in a particular job or activity, which you have gained because you have done that job or activity for a long time”, not what you gain thanks to other people’s experience)

If you catch minor flu, I think you should search the Net for some tips because I found some very helpful experience there for my minor illnesses.

Thank you very much.

As far as I know, experience has two meanings. One refers to what we have experienced and then know it better(embarrassment, accident) and one refers to skill of doing things. That’s why the first remains unchanged in plural and the second has s.

The word you need in that sentence instead of ‘experience’ is ‘information’.

What about my explanations? Are they correct or not? I’ve had many uncertainties of these words.

Your definitions were okay, but your explanation of its usage in this sentence certainly isn’t. It just serves to confuse the issue for anyone who pays any attention to it.

You constantly give ‘explanations’ without knowing what you talk about. That’s very disturbing and confusing. That’s why you are a nuisance and a liability.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Introducing cost saving measures[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you very much, everybody. I also think “information” sounds better in this case :slight_smile: