'the rest 30MT'?

Hi,

Could you help verify whether ‘the rest 30MT’ in the following sentence is correct?

Besides, I think the sentence generally sounds curt. What do you think?

It doesn’t sound right and I can’t work out what you are trying to say.

You have ordered 60MT (metric tonnes). Your order will be split into 2 parts, the first 30MT and the remaining 30MT.

Rest here is not a good word… it could be “30MT in the first shipment, and the rest in the second shipment”, or “30MT in the first shipment and the next/remaining/other 30MT in the second shipment”.

I can see why BN doesn’t understand what the writer meant (that’s why I find it too curt). That’s my friend’s version; here is mine: ‘We are pleased to supply you with 60 tons of the product, 30 of which will be dispatched in the first shipment and the other 30 in the second shipment.’

ok, but be aware of the difference between tons and tonnes.

Thanks for the knowledge, Thredder :slight_smile:
So ‘tonne’ means the same as ‘MT’ (metric ton) and ‘tonne’ can mean either ‘long ton’ (2240 pounds or 1016 kilograms - in Britain) or short ton (2000 pounds or 907.2 kilograms - in the US), right?

Tonne = metric ton = 1000 kg.

Ton = imperial ton (either long or short, but it is not used very much in the UK so probably rather short as in the US meaning)

Tone = something completely different.