The requirement of a certain level of proficiency in English

As an international language, English is deemed as an important subject that approximately all the students in either Taiwan or other countries spare no efforts to learn. It is so essential that parents tend to believe the notion that the earlier the children get acquaintance with the language, the more likely they will have a better future. Therefore,tens of thousands of parents make their beloved children learn English regardless of their will just to attain high level proficiency in the language.
I’m supportive of the idea that people nowadays should have certain degree of English proficiency. First of all, since the world of global village has been ushered in, we will have a myriad of opportunities to communicate with people from a variety of countries. Thus, English plays an indidpensable role that forge the bridge between people. What’s more, English helps students who receive high education understand lectures better. For those reference books are mostly written in English. Last but not least, English serves as a tool that pave the path to have connection with the dynamic world. We can step out of our comfort zone, broaden our horizons, accumulate experiences and admire the variety of the world only with the help of English!

3 Likes

Your write-up on the given subject is good. But collocationally, it needs certain modifications here and there. Let me make an attempt though it is otherwise generally acceptable.

(English, as an international language, is deemed to be an important subject that almost all the students in either Taiwan or other countries spare no efforts to learn. It is natural that parents tend to harbour the notion that the earlier their children get acquainted with the language, the better it is for their future. Therefore, most parents in non-English speaking countries encourage their children to learn English regardless of whether they will attain a high level proficiency in the language.
I support the idea that children should have certain degree of English proficiency. Since the world is a global village now, we have myriad opportunities to communicate with people from a host of countries. English plays an important role in forging international relationship among countries. What’s more, English helps students who prosecute higher education to understand classroom lectures much better, particularly when reference books are mostly written in English. Moreover, English serves as a very effective medium paving the way for people to remain connected one another in this dynamic world of digital technology. So, English ensures us a comfort zone which broadens our horizons of knowledge and offers us ample opportunities for varied experiences.
To conclude, English, which has become more or less the global lingua franca, is indispensable today!)

You may check how it looks now.

3 Likes

Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your Essay seems to be inspired by me. English is an international language which connects all people throughout the World. It is easy language once we learn it. English plays a vital role all parts of the country, irrespective of their Mother Tongue. We can say English is a “Mother Language” to all people (from children, students, professionals, parents to all sorts of people) . It is a global language, which cannot buy from the grocery shops unless we learn it through proper channel like the Forum (Best English, English-Test-Net TOEIC LISTENING Exercises)

3 Likes

Your essay seems to inspire me. English is an international language which connects all people throughout the world. It becomes an easy language once we learn it. English plays a vital role in all parts of our country, irrespective of our mother tongue. We can say English is a “Mother Language” for all people (children, students, professionals, parents and all sorts of people). It is a global language, which cannot be bought at a grocery shop. Unless we learn English properly, we cannot master it. Forums like https://forum.english.best/ are very useful to learners of all ages.
(Ms Shanthi, I have slightly modified your reply. I hope you will note the difference)

4 Likes

Thank you Anglophile sir, for your modification. I hope that you will also correct my writing, if I write on the Forum.

S.Shanthi

4 Likes