The number of children who are overweight

Below is my latest exercise. Thank you so much for your reviewing :blush:

In many countries people are concerned about the number of children who are overweight. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest?

It is the fact that todays, the increasing in obesity rate among children has become a matter of great concern in many countries. There are several causes of this problem, and some solutions can be taken into account to solve it.

There are two main reasons why more and more kids become overweight these days. Firstly, the development of technology has brought various forms of passive entertainment such as playing computer games or watching TV into children life. This leads to the consequence that instead of going out to join in physical activities like playing badminton or soccer, kids nowadays choose to stay at home and experience a sedentary lifestyle. Secondly, fast food and ready meals which usually contain more than enough energy for a person per day are advertised mainly to attract children and family for achieving profit. The target of those company is to raise their interest in fried and high calories food and make them be addicted to an unhealthy eating habit. This means that our children will easily become overweight if we do not have any action to encourage them to get on with healthier diets.

To solve this problem, parents should spend more time concentrating on training good habits for their children since they are the ones whom children always put their trust in. For examples, a child should be nurtured his or her interests in participating in sports and physical activities through family activities such as a holiday at beach or playing soccer together. Beside that, the government and media should promote knowledge about healthy lifestyle and obesity on a daily basis for their citizens to realize the importance of having a cooked fresh meal.

In conclusion, although the problem of obesity among children is more popular in many countries these days by certain reasons, some solutions should be proceeded by both individuals and the government.

2 Likes

What you might want to do is trying to re-write your essay using much shorter sentences. This way you probably will increase the level of accuracy and readability of your text. What do you think?

1 Like

It’s a nice idea. But I think I will try in another new topic :smiley: Thankyou and see you soon in my new topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes