The language of surprise

Thanks for all the lessons. The expressions are clearly stated and I understand how and when to use them. Bless and more power to you.

Joy, anger

pleasure, there you are

Eh, what’s this

Hi Alan Sir

I am really surprised to receive the TRN (Topic The Language of Surprise) I couldn’t believe myself how I could receive the same from the Forum. I really happy to read the topic after a long interval, in the news letter I enjoyed this line very much I must be dreaming. Pinch me somebody. Like that I have been reading the letter by dreaming even somebody calls me in phone.

Thanks a lot Sir, Now-a-days I couldn’t find time to read your lessons which I have kept in my folder, hereafter I will be start reading your Essays, however I happened to read more news through online, your standard of English will not equal to any other. Really proud of your writing Sir. Do you remember me or not I will always remember you and your writing.

Thanking you

S.Shanthi

Dear Torsten,

Many thanks for this letter. I have just woken up in a bad mood as I am before a very hard day.

I wish everybody “the best medicine”, Alan’s writing that improved my bad mood and made me happy. He can write so that he could let me in his childhood, as I had been there on this little island. I was reading, and I associated my pleasant memories of my childhood. Which ones are similar? Yes, they are similar ones with a great difference they happened in another country without sea and Victoria Queen.

Alan is right. I like to visit the place of my childhood, and I always realize that something changed one way or the other; my eyes or the place? I have never found the place that I kept in my memory. It became smaller, grayer as it used to be. It is very true that to go back the scene where we were carefree, having kept our eyes open to discover everything isn’t a good idea - as sadly it may not be the same again.

Thanks a lot for all you’ve done.

Kind regards:
Kati Svaby

Dear Alan, I have read Santhy 's letter and excuse me that I didn’t answer you. I wrote to Torsten yesterday that I have read your essay, and I enjoyed in the same way as always. Many thanks that you invited me to this course. My laptop is broken. Yesterday I bought a new one, but my technician only tomorrow install my software.

Best regards:

Kati Svaby

1 Like