The important characteristics of a co-worker

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: We all work or will work in our jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why these characteristics are important.

Nowadays, teamwork is an essential element of the society. We all work with people every day. A co-worker is a person with whom we work closely and share tasks. In my opinion, the important characteristics of a co-worker should be as followed.

First and foremost, the most important characteristics of a co-worker are calming influence. They know what to say and do to make you feel peaceful rather than more stressed. Such people are observant and compassionate. They have spent years experiencing different work climates and seeing where the multiple pressure points are. They know what to say, and when, and their calm aura radiates to the extent you end up seeking these special people out when you are feeling overloaded.

Secondly, another important character of a co-worker should be fun and energetic. They are not moody, lethargic and they don’t drag people down. Many would agree with this, simply because life is hard enough without grouches and whiners. They bring their own energy to the team and this rubs off on others who feel uplifted and they get energetic.

Last but not least, I think that it would be wonderful if a co-worker have problem-solvers. They make suggestions for how to fix things innovate. This trait is not always apparent because no colleague has all 15 traits, but the problem-solvers among us are definitely superstars. The key is to spot those with that aptitude, encourage them to speak up more, and give them tasks from the ‘too-hard’ basket.

To sum up briefly, some people have a variety of list other personalities that an ideal associate should have, or others may give more reasons to support my point of view. But the three places I have explored in the above discussion, I believe, are most relevant to the issue under discussion.

3 Likes

Hi Phuong Du, I really enjoyed your essay. You have some great reasons and have explained them clearly. I think the one addition that would really improve your essay and “put it over the top” would be to include some specific examples of the characteristics you are talking about.
What I mean is to mention some people you have worked with (or make some up) who embody these characteristics. For instance, in your first paragraph you could add. “For example, in my first job at an Italian restaurant, the dinner rush would always be extremely stressful, but Tran, the other cook, would remain so calm and patient, it helped the whole crew to make it through the busy time.” Here are some other specific suggestions:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your opinion about Team work & Co - worker. The Co-worker, should always co-operate with all and helping other people by giving good suggestions and make them to fulfill their work, task, performance in the work. Without team work, we cannot work nowadays, a single man cannot fulfill their task. Your topic makes everyone to know the benefit of team work and co-worker.

3 Likes