The girl threw the pebble at the tree

I need to check if these sentences are correct?

1. The girl threw the pebble at the tree. Her intention was to scare the dog.
    He is planting the seeds in the field.
  2. I like meat best.
  3. After we packed everything back in the car and picked up all the rubbish and threw it in a garbage bag in the car boot.
  4. School starts in autumn.
  5. In winter we celebrate Christmas and the New Year.
  6. In the first picture it is sunny and the sky is clear. It is also hot because people are wearing summer clothes.
  7. In the second picture the sky is covered with clouds. It is raining heavily and there are some flashes of lightning in the sky.
  8. In the third picture it is drizzling. It is partly cloudy and I can see a rainbow in the background.
  9. In the fourth picture it is snowy and is very cold because everything is covered in snow.
1 Like

The girl threw the pebble against the tree. She wanted to scare the dog with it.
He planted the seeds in the field.

OK

After we packed everything back into the car, we collected all the trash and threw it in a trash bag in the trunk.

OK

OK

OK

In the second picture the sky is covered with clouds. It is raining heavily and there is some lightning in the sky.

OK

In the fourth picture it is snowy and very cold, because everything is covered with snow.

1 Like

Thanks @Torsten

2 Likes

“At the tree” works better here.

“Threw the pebble at the tree” means “toward the tree with the intention of hitting it”.
“Against the tree” might be the final location. This normally means in contact with the tree.

Boot = British English
Trunk = American English

Also
Bonnet = BrE
Hood = AmE

Autumn is fine, but fall is more common.

This is fine as-is. Some alternatives are:
In the second picture it’s cloudy.
In the second picture the sky is overcast.
In the second picture it’s overcast.
In the second picture it is cloud-covered. (the hyphen is optional)

3 Likes

Thanks @NearlyNapping for your post.
As far as I know, Autumn = BrE while Fall = AmE

1 Like

In AmE we use both ‘fall’ and ‘autumn’, but ‘fall’ is more common, especially in casual daily conversation.

1 Like