The difference between young generation and parents' generation

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generation different from your parents` generation? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

There has been a heated debate concerning the difference between young generation and parents’ generation. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of how different among the two generations. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and says that the two generations that look the same. In my opinion, I concur with the former for two primary reasons.

First and foremost, the young generation’s time is not stable. During parents’ time, all activities take place early and in a specific time frame. Except for specific jobs, most people at that time worked by office hours. So it is normal to wake up at 6, or even earlier. Although waking up early is difficult, our parents have a set time of day to rest, and rarely have to work overtime. Compared to parents, we live and work in a more delayed, open time frame. The young generation’s working hours are much less stable. We may not need to go to work early in the morning, but a set amount of time to rest is less than in the old days. For us, it is very common to bring work home and do work late at night. The first reason still remains an epitome of the argument set forth therein.

In the second place, long term stability is not on our priority list. At the time of parents, the country was in a period of revival and economic development, so it is a blessing to be well-dressed. Most of our parents’ generation has a common goal, which is stability. They work hard just to have their own house, build a home early, and save little by little for the future. Living forever in one place is not boring for them. On the contrary, being permanently in one place is a great privilege. Unlike parents, the young generation is used to being raised and taught in a sufficient material condition. Therefore, family stability is not our concern. We are more concerned with our ambitions, our career and so on. Thanks to our strong family background, we are encouraged to fly and explore new horizons. For this reason, modern young people temporarily put aside the goal of high-rise houses and feel fine with renting an apartment or boarding house.

To sum up briefly, I support the statement that every generation of people is different in important ways. The young generation’s time is not stable then long term stability is not on our priority list and so on.

2 Likes