The automobile is the destroying our quality of life

[size=150] [color=indigo] Do you agree or disagree with the following statement.

The automobile is the destroying our quality of life[/size]

Most people believe that automobile is one of the most crucial inventions in the history. But according to me, it has more hazards rather than benefits. So that is I support the idea that the automobile is destroying our quality of life, because automobiles cause of air pollution and numerous traffic accidents. Additionally they make people to be a bit lazy.

According to me, one of the major factors in the air pollution is automobiles. Smoking, which comes from automobiles’ pipes destroy the fresh air and human health. I live in a downtown where the numerous cars can be seen every hour. So, I can not inhale fresh air. Sometimes I get up early in the morning to walk in the fresh air, but, believe it or not, I observe that the air still is not fresh because of the automobiles smoking.

Now, coming to the most dangerous point of the automobiles I can say that they cause numerous traffic accidents in present-day world. Most people pass away, others are wounded or are disabled because of these accidents. I am sure that it is the most destroying point of automobiles, because it also occurred to me when I was 9. However, I still remember that accident and that driver as a terrible memory. Although I had many fractions, fortunately
they recovered, but all the repercussions are not so positive. We can see numerous automobile accidents that caused of being life-long disabling.

Finally, automobiles make people a bit lazy. Researches show that people are not inclined to walk in today’s world, because they prefer to go to everywhere by car. As a matter of fact, when I ask my brother for going to the market, he prefers to go by car rather than on foot, although the distance is not far away from us. It is not an only example, there are so many people are not willing to go somewhere on foot.

Consequently, no doubt automobiles have advantages, but it appears to me that their hazards overshadow these advantages. They cause of air pollution which is very dangerous for human health and make people a bit loafing. They also entail traffic accidents in which people lose their lives.

[color=darkblue]the same KITOS 50 minutes :frowning: WHAT WILL I DO IN EXAM :frowning:

TOEFL listening lectures: An organism that generates internal heat is called what?

Most people believe that THE automobile is one of the most crucial inventions in the history, but according to me, it CREATES more hazards than ANYTHING ELSE.
So that is WHY I support the idea that the automobile is destroying our quality of life, because automobiles cause air pollution and numerous traffic accidents.
Additionally they make people lazy.

IN MY OPINION, one of the major CULPRITS IN CAUSING air pollution is THE automobile. EXHAUST GASES,which come from THE CARS EXHUST SYSTEM destroy the fresh air and AFFECT THE health OF ALL HUMANS.

I live in a down-town AREA where numerous cars can be seen every hour, so I cannot inhale fresh air.
Some DAYS I get up early in the morning SIMPLY to walk in the fresh air, but, believe it or not, I observe that the air IS still not fresh because of the automobiles FUMES.

Now, coming to the most dangerous point of automobiles, I can say that they cause numerous traffic accidents in OUR present-day world. Most people ARE KILLED OUTRIGHT, others are SEVERELY INJURED or are disabled because of these accidents.
I am sure that it is the most DEFINING points ABOUT automobiles, because it also occurred to me when I HAD AN ACCIDENT WHEN I was NINE YEARS OLD.
However, I still remember that accident and that driver as a terrible memory.
Although I had many FRACTURES fortunately they HEALED WELL, but all the repercussions are not so positive. We can see numerous automobile accidents that WERE THE cause of SOMEONE being MADE life-long disablED.

Finally, automobiles make people lazy. Researches show that people are not inclined to walk in today’s world, because they prefer to go everywhere by car.
As a matter of fact, when I ask my brother TO COME to the market WITH ME, he prefers to go by car rather than on foot, although the distance is not far away from WHERE WE LIVE. THIS is not THE only example. There are so many people WHO are not willing to go somewhere on foot.

Consequently, no doubt automobiles have advantages, but it appears to me that their hazards overshadow these advantages. They cause air pollution which is very dangerous TO THE health OF BOTH HUMANS AND ANIMALS and THEY make people LAZY. They also CAUSE traffic accidents in which people lose their lives.

Kleo, it appears that you were short of ideas for this one. There are many other disadvantages due to a motor vehicle that you failed to exploit.

Not bad, but it could have been a lot better.

Kitos.

hello kitosdad,
I am just curious, is it appropriate to say ‘according to me…’ like line 1 in the above essay?

thanks for your kind guidance!

Good morning Imaisumi, yes it is acceptable, simply because we can all understand what is meant by this, but in exam papers, “In my opinion”, or, “From my point of view”, is more generally used.

Kitos.