That’s the Internet…

Hi

All we know, the Internet is the open world. We are free to make public (almost) all what we want.
That’s amazing, attractive, creative, etc.

And - also -we know that all what we publish for open access – our photographs, pictures, stories, texts, ideas, parts/results of our work, etc – can be stolen and re-published by someone else. Some another person, who you never will see. From somewhere…
Sometimes that’s funny, sometimes makes you proud :), sometimes is very frustrating, isn’t it?

How do you take that? Those pluses and those minuses.

Hi Tamara,

What you say is obviously quite true but I don’t think anonymity should make anyone less scrupulous than when they are known.

Alan

Hi Alan

When it is the true scrupulosity - yes, Alan, you’re right.

But, alas, net-anonymity (all those playing with nicknames, use of proxies, dynamic IPs, etc) is still VERY attractive for those people whose ‘good behaviour’ - in reality! - is based only on fears to be punished.

That’s the difference.

Tamara, if somebody lifts text from the web to publish it as their own ideas on their website, they shoot themselves in the foot. All it takes is a click to find out who the original author of that is…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The lone walker[YSaerTTEW443543]

Yes, if you talk only about texts copied literally.

But my initial question was - how do you take that.
You cannot change people, cannot devote plenty of your lifetime to “defensing your author’s rights”,…

There is the saying: “If you can’t change the situation, just change an attitude toward it”.

?

Well, what I was trying to say is this: Your thoughts and ideas are always defended (please mind the difference between defense and defend) by the law of increasing returns. You can spend time trying to “defend your author’s rights” or you can focus on the really important issues.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Food preparation[YSaerTTEW443543]

Yes!!!

The only tiny problem - for people, not for robots :slight_smile: - is how to manage to control emotions and be (so) logical, sequential and conscious. Etc.
Please mind that brain cortex is a much younger structure than senses, emotions and feelings. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer, indeed. This is it.
Plus the principle never make friends with thiefs, even vurtually.