That province has the least strict policy.

1. That province has the most lenient immigration policy, with the least requirement.
  2. That province has the least strict policy.
  3. In/on this day of last year I was in that city.
  4. Many people see no point to live in this city.
  5. Many people see no reason to live in this city.

Are the above sentences correct? Please advise.

1. That province has the most lenient immigration policy, with the least number of requirements. (or perhaps you mean ‘… with the least strict/most tolerant requirements.’)
  2. That province has the least strict policy. / That province has the most tolerant policy.
  3. (On) This day last year I was in that city.
  4. Many people see no point of living in this city.
  5. Many people see no reason to live in this city.
 Hi, Beeesneees:

From the sentence above I understand that “On” is optional in this case, isn’t it?

I’ve been learning from ESL/EFL grammar books that…

We do not use prepositions of time (*including “on”) before the words this, last, next, every, all, some, each, one, and any.
Let’s go to the cinema next Saturday.

Source: Grammarway, Jenny Dooley & Virginia Evans.

• is mine.

Or perhaps is your sentence similar to the following case:

In an informal style we sometimes leave out on
    I’m seeing her Sunday morning.

Similarly, in an informal style, we can also leave out on before what/which day(s).
    What day is your hair appointment?
    Which day do you have your music lesson?

Also, we usually leave out at before what time.

[b]What time[/b] does Granny's train arrive?
    (More natural than [i]At what time[/i]...?

Source: Practical English Usage, 3-rd edition; M.Swan

Thanks.

Generally the rule is correct. We would NOT say
on this morning
on this week
on this afternoon
on today
on yesterday

However, when referring to the same day in a different year/week/month, it is possible to use ‘on’ with ‘day’ (and less commonly with ‘night’). This can be used formally, and not just informally as you suggest. I suppose that originally it was ‘Upon this day…’ and the shorter form became the convention over time.

For example, today is 16th February. Did you know that on this day in 1959 Castro was sworn in as President of Cuba.
Also on this day in 1935 Sonny Bono was born. One of Bono’s most famous hits was this duet with his wife, Cher.

youtube.com/watch?v=80QHRTQ3Kmw

Thank you ever so much, ‘xonim’ (madam - in the Uzbek language) for the full information. :slight_smile: