thank you~independent writing--Telephone has greater influence on people's live

topic:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
Telephone has greater influence on people’s lives than TV.
(Media)

my essay:

TV and telephone have both changed our lives. From my perspective, telephone has greater influence on people’s lives that TV.

With a TV, we can know what happens in the world by seeing videos and listening sounds. And a more important function of TV is entertainment. Most of the time, we turned on TV because we want to relax. TV programs indeed meet our needs by showing lots of entertainment shows. But that’s all. Besides sitting there watching the screen of the TV to kill our time. It brings us nothing.

However, telephone, especially mobile phone has altered our lives more. Before telephone was invited, people write letters to communicate with friends in remote distance. It always took days or even weeks for our friends to get our letter. While with a telephone, we can contact our family, friends and cooperation partners even they are at the other hemisphere immediately. Geological distance is never the obstacle of communication for us. I remember that when I was in the boarding senior high school, once at the weekend, I left school for home without telling my parents, in order to surprise them. Before I arrived home, they made many phone calls to my dormitories, my friends’ home and even my teacher’s home to ask where I go. After that time, I owned a mobile phone, which my parents can get in touch with me wherever I am. Never did I make them so worried about my safety since then. Thus, telephone shortens the distance of communication to zero between people. It really changes a lot.

Finally, the development of mobile phone has led to people’s laziness, the spirit of emulation. For instance, my little brother has an excellent memory when he was a child. He can remember all the telephone numbers of our relatives. However, since my father has bought him a mobile phone, he stored those numbers in his cell phone, instead of his mind. And expensive though his cell phone is, he often complains that Jim or Tom has bought a new mobile phone which has more games, or can take pictures with higher pixels than his can. The mobile phone does change my brother a lot.

All in all, I maintain that telephone has made more meaningful changes and also caused more adverse effect than TV do in our daily life.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why must the young woman leave?

TV and THE telephone have both changed our lives. From my perspective, THE telephone has HAD A greater influence on people’s lives THAN TV.

With a TV, we can know what IS happenING in the world by WATCHING videos and listening TO THE NEWS BULLETINS. And AN EVEN more important function of TV is TO entertainment. Most of the time we turned on TV because we want to relax. TV programs indeed meet our needs by showing lots of entertainING shows(,) but that is all. Besides sitting there watching the screen of the TV to kill our time(,) it brings us nothing.

However, telephoneS, especially mobile phoneS(,) HAVE altered our lives more. Before THE telephone was invited, people WROTE letters to communicate with friends in remote PLACES. It always took days or even weeks for our friends to RECEIVE our letter(,) while with a telephone, we can contact our family, friends and cooperatIVE partners even WHEN they are at the other hemisphere immediately OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. Geological GEOGRAPHICAL distanceS ARE never AN obstacle IN communicatING WITH ONE ANOTHER for us.

I remember that when A TIME I was in the boarding senior high school(.)
ONE weekend, I left school for home without telling my parents, in order to surprise them. Before I arrived home, they made many phone calls to my dormitories, my friends’ home and even my teacher’s home to ask where I WAS. After that time, I owned a mobile phone, WITH which my parents COULD get in touch with me wherever I WAS. Never did I make them so worried about my safety since then AGAIN. Thus, telephone shortens the distance of communication to zero between people. It really changes a lotTHE SITUATION.

Finally, the development of THE mobile phone has led to MANY people’s laziness, the spirit of emulation. For instance, my little brother HAD an excellent memory when he was a child. He COULD remember all the telephone numbers of our relatives. However, since my father has bought him a mobile phone, he stored those numbers in his cell phone, instead of IN his mind. And e Expensive though his cell phone is, he often complains that Jim or Tom has bought a new mobile phone which has more games, or can take pictures with MORE pixels than his can. The mobile phone HAS changeD my brother a lot.

All in all, I maintain that THE telephone has made MANY meaningful changes(,) and HAS also HAD more adverse effectS than TV do ON our daily LIVES.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning ML. Your work is good but you must review your tenses, and maybe increase your vocabulary a little.

Kitos. 7.5/10

Technology has always been an influencing force in people’s life. When it comes to comparision of two different technological wonders in its influence on human race, it is always hard to conclude.
Television being a one time investment, has made its way to most of the homes in this world. The further invention of satellite television channels has added to its strength in capturing man. But, being a non-portable device, it has also sufferred to completely conquer the human mind.
Telephone being a continuous expenditure, has entered into the lives of few. But within its empire of conquered population, it has a tremendous impact on man’s life by its portable size and supplementation to the professional needs. Some developing and underdeveloped world has, however, is not conferred with this magic tool.
Thus, my conclusion is that both have played their effective role in influencing people’s life with its own capacity. Its hard to estimate the comparitive quantum of the individual forces.

Technology has always been an influencing force in people’s life. When it comes to comparison of two different technological wonders in its influence on human race, it is always hard to conclude.

Television being a one-time investment, has made its way to most of the homes in this world. The further invention of satellite television channels has added to its strength in capturing man. Any issue has its direct and uninterrupted way to everybody’s knowledge in fraction of time. Like, take the example of a sport; one can sit and gulp the enjoyment of watching a game held in the extreme other corner of the world, right in his home, that too without an unacceptable delay. The media has made the million-kilometer big world into a global village. But, being a non-portable device, it has also suffered to completely conquer the human sophistication.

Telephone being a continuous expenditure, has entered into the lives of few. But within its empire of conquered population, it has made a tremendous impact on man’s life by its portable size and supplementation to his professional needs. Telephone has surpassed the Television, for being a two-way communication unlike television which is a one-way communication. With the advent of high-end innovations, telephone has made television available within itself, thus making the global village concept introduced by television to a further concept – global village in man’s pocket. Nevertheless, some developing and underdeveloped world is not conferred with this magic tool, though, because of its maintenance costs unlike the television which has almost nil or very minimal maintenance expenses.

Thus, my conclusion is that both have played their effective role in influencing people’s life with its own capacity. It’s hard to estimate the comparative quantum of the individual forces.

The first essay is for 150-words essay, whereas the second one is 250-words essay. This is for IELTS. Kindly do the neccessary and oblige.