TENSE: As of tomorrow, what I will do here, I won't do...

As of tomorrow, what I will do here, I won’t do anywhere (else). (1)

As of tomorrow, what I will have done here, I won’t do anywhere (else). (2)

Please tell me the difference in meaning btw (1) and (2)

q

Why do you think there is a difference in meaning, Q?

(1) The speaker emphasizes that he will do something tomorrow. Until then (tomorrow) nothing will be done.
(2) The speaker emphasizes that he will be doing something all day and night until tomorrow.
Just my opinion. Also, I am not quite certain about the meaning of those two sentences. Let`s wait and see what the native speakers have to say about it. :slight_smile:

P.S. Could you please, native speakers, bring some clarification on the usage of “till” and “until”. Thank you!

Hi SkiIuck

Wasn’t there a thread about till and until just recently?

Why don’t you open a separate thread about till and until and post a couple of sentences that you find confusing.

Amy

Meanwhile you can also have a look here, Skiluck:

Till vs. Until
[size=75]http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic8045.html[/size]

(1) Starting from tomorrow, the things that I will do here, I will not do them anywhere else.
(2) Starting from tomorrow, the things that I will finish doing, I will not do them anywhere else.

These are my understanding. I’m not sure if I’m right. But I can’t really tell the difference from the results… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the responses. I am not used to opening new threads simply because in the other forums I visit, people often reprimand someone who makes excessive amount of threads, especially if the question has already been asked.
As for the till/until issue, I wasn`t sure if my response was correct.

Hi teacher,

Thanks for your answers.

You wrote:

Why do you think there is a difference in meaning, Q?

In fact, if I write, I use I will do.

The problem that I can interpret the difference in meaning btw I will do and I will have done in this case although I know the difference btw do and have done.

Could you help me?

Q

Hi Q

The simple future (will do) can be used to talk about something that has not happened yet, but will happen in the future.

The future perfect (will have done) refers to something that has not happened yet, but which will be finished at or before a (certain) time in the future.