television destroys communication among friends and family members

would you please review my essay? Thanks in advance.

With the advent of the television, people had variable advantages. On the other hand, it brought some
disadvantages. Although it is controversial nowadays, I strongly believe that television adversely
affect our social life. The reasons of that can be classified into many categories, but three main
categories are apparent; it kills dialogues, creates a virtual life and causes waste of time.

First of all, one fact is indisputable, we do not speak as much as we used to do. In contemporary
world, after we come home, we usually sit in front of tv and spend a big proportion of time there.
Therefore, we do not make conversations with our family and friends. Moreover, people often watch
some kind of tv shows which are series. We organize our time not to miss these shows. After work or
school, we choose to leave early for television instead of having a bevarage with our friends and
colleagues.

Furthermore, television creates a virtual life. Therefore, we do not want to spend time with our
beloved ones because tv characters become our friends and families. For instance, I used to spend my
whole time watching a tv show called South Park. Before long, I did not want to go out or evet go to
school because it became my reality. The life outside the show seemed uninteresting and boring to me.
I lost a lot of friends of mine simply due to that show.

Last but not least, it is possible to infer a link between wasting time and television. Unfortunately,
most of the programs on tv are useless and just for entertainment. We kill our time instead of intensifying
our relationships with friends and families. It is a matter of fact that the more time we spend with a
particular person, the better our relationship will be.

To put all in a nutshell, television destroy communication among friends and family members not only by
killing dialogues and creating a virtual life, but also causing waste of time. Although people do not seem
to grasp the magnitude of this problem, there is still vestige of hope for us.

TOEFL listening discussions: What seems to be the student’s main skill?

Although it is controversial nowadays, I strongly believe that television has adversely
affected our social life. The reasons of that can be classified into many categories, but three main categories are apparent; it kills dialogues, creates a virtual life and it is a waste of time.

First of all, one fact is indisputable; we do not speak as much as we used to do. In this contemporary world, after we come home, we usually sit in front of the TV and spend a big proportion of our time there.
Therefore, we do not make conversation with our family and friends. Moreover, people often watch some kinds of TV shows which are shown in series. We organize our time not to miss these shows. After work or school, we choose to leave early for television instead of having a beverage with our friends and colleagues.

Furthermore, television creates a virtual life. Therefore, we do not want to spend time with our beloved ones because TV characters have become our friends and families. For instance, I used to spend my whole time watching a show called South Park. Before long, I did not want to go out or even go to school because it became my reality. The life outside the show seemed uninteresting and boring to me. I lost a lot of friends of mine simply due to that show.

Last but not least, it is possible to infer a link between wasting time and television. Unfortunately,most of the programs on TV are useless and just for entertainment. We kill our time instead of intensifying our relationships with friends and families. It is a matter of fact that the more time we spend with a particular person, the better our relationship will be.

To put all in a nutshell, television destroys communication among friends and family members, not only by killing dialogues and creating a virtual life, but also by wasting our time. Although people do not seem to grasp the magnitude of this problem, there is still a vestige of hope for us.

Quite a good essay.

Kitos. 8.5/10

TOEFL listening discussions: What seems to be the student’s main skill?
[/quote]

Thank you for reviewing my essay kitosdad. As far as I understood the introduction part is quite long. And
there are few grammer mistakes. Is there any other major mistake on which I can improve? In other words,
how can I get a 10? :slight_smile:

Write faultlessly and interestingly. Easy!