Teenagers have jobs while they are still students, support or oppose?

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

There has been a heated debate concerning the teenagers’ jobs. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of focusing on learning as a student. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and says that teenagers have jobs while they are students is a great way for them to experience life. In my opinion, I concur with the latter idea for three primary reasons.

First and foremost, teenagers have jobs while they are still students makes them become more confident. If they are shy and introverted, a job can help them break out of their cover and help them develop confidence. And since most student jobs are found in friendliness and retail, both of which are predominantly customer-oriented industries, they will be forced to interact with lots of people they do not normally talk to. As a result, you will learn to be more comfortable around other people.

On the second place, students have a variety of chances to build their network. No matter where they are working, jobs give them the opportunity to connect with others. So even if they do not have work experience in the field they want to go after, they are making connections in the professional world. By way of illustration, they may meet a client who works for their dream company or your employer may know someone who works there. We never know who knows who, so always treat every conversation as an opportunity to progress in our career and stay open to further discussions.

Thirdly and most importantly, students can gain experience. No matter what work a student may find, there is always a chance to obtain valuable experience for their future career. Work environment can improve communication skills. For instance, a candidate who can easily find common ground with others has a better chance of getting into a job interview than someone who doesn’t. The first job can teach them to resolve conflicts, find solutions to all kinds of problems and also be more accountable. Each of these qualities will come in handy after graduation.

To sum up briefly, I support with the idea that teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Jobs help them become more confident, build their network and also gain valuable experience. Some may argue that the truth of having a job when they are still students, they have to turn down invitations from their friends because there is no time to play, ready to face the unexpected reality of lack of sleep. However, I reinforce the idea because all the benefits it gives.

2 Likes

You are missing most aspects of the current situation. We finally need to get rid of the ideology of infinite growth and permanent jobs. Here is more:

2 Likes

Thank you so muchhhh!

1 Like