Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays

The existence of teachers was an indispensable need for children all over the world. Especially in the past, life without teachers was absolutely absurd. Regarding the topic question, while some people believe that teachers are appreciated the same as before, I personally believe that they are not appreciated and interested in by people nowadays. The following are the reasons why.

First of all, I absolutely believe that the principal reason is that these days with the advancement of technology people do not feel helpless at all. Especially, students are not dependent on teachers with the advent of cell phones, laptops, and tablets which made the learning process easier than before by just one click. They can Google all course materials. Also, they can share their information and knowledge with their friends on social networks like Google Meet, WhatsApp, or Telegram with the simplicity of drinking water. Therefore they can robust their knowledge at home and don’t waste their time going to school. For instance, I have a perceptive nephew who is in elementary school. I saw him when he was doing his homework at home. He wisely searched for any questions he had without asking her mother or me. The interesting point is that he was so curious about the subjects that his teacher had not yet taught, and he searched for them on the internet and learned them with an educational video from YouTube. This case made me compare myself and how I was dependent on my teacher with a lot of possibilities that exist nowadays.

There is also another subtle point about teachers not being significant. With the advent of the pandemic Coronavirus, the world went online. Therefore, all universities and businesses found out how to proceed online. By doing so, students did not interact with teachers gradually and they found the existence of teachers is not bold as before. I would like to give an example from my own experience. During my master’s period, when I was working on my thesis, everywhere closed because of Coronavirus. So I had to continue my thesis remotely and my Professor was so busy to help me in this regard. The result was that I did all my stuff lonely by searching on the internet. Every time I think about this matter, I don’t appreciate my Professor for not helping me, but I thank myself for being able to overcome all the challenges I had on this path and I realized his existence is not valuable so much.

To sum up, different people have different opinions about appreciating teachers in the past and nowadays with positive and negative aspects. I strongly believe that teachers not only are appreciated like before but also are gradually being abandoned due to the importance of the internet and the independence of people.

1 Like

The existence of teachers has been an indispensable need for children all over the world. Especially in the past, life without a teacher was absolutely absurd. Regarding the topic question, while some people believe that teachers are valued the same as they used to be, I personally believe that people don’t value and care about them anymore. Below are the reasons why.
First of all, I absolutely believe that the main reason is that today’s people don’t feel helpless at all with the advancement of technology. In particular, with the advent of cellphones, laptops and tablets that made the learning process just a simple click away than before, students no longer depend on teachers. You can google all course materials. Also, they can share their information and knowledge with their friends on social networks like Google Meet, WhatsApp or Telegram with the simplicity of drinking water. Therefore, they can deepen their knowledge at home and not waste time going to school. For example, I have a perceptive nephew who is in elementary school. I saw him doing his homework at home. He wisely searches for any questions he had without asking her mother or me. The interesting thing is that he was so curious about the subjects that his teacher hadn’t been interested in yet, and he searched them on the Internet and learned them with an instructional video from YouTube. This case made me compare myself and my dependence on my teacher to many options available today.

There is also another subtle point that teachers are not important. With the advent of the coronavirus pandemic, the world went online. Therefore, all universities and companies have informed themselves about how to proceed online. In this way, the students did not gradually interact with the teachers, and they found that the existence of teachers is not as bold as before. I want to give an example from my own experience. During my master’s period, when I was working on my thesis, everything was closed due to Corona. So I had to continue my dissertation remotely and my professor was so busy to help me with it. The result was that I did all my stuff lonely by searching the internet. Every time I think about this matter I don’t appreciate my professor for not helping me but I thank myself for overcoming all the challenges I had along the way and I realized that its existence is not so valuable.
In summary, different people have different opinions about teacher appreciation in the past and today with positive and negative aspects. I firmly believe that not only are teachers still valued, but they are gradually being abandoned due to the importance of the internet and people’s independence.

1 Like