Teachers should encourage their students to question everything...

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Teachers should encourage their students to question everything.

There is a lot of ways for students to learn. Questioning everything is the one of the best way for them to learn. From the question that " Should teachers encourage their students to question eveything?". My answer for this question is “absolutely yes”. I believe that teachers should support their students to be curious and question everything.

In my opinion, the first reason why I feel that teachers should encourage their students to doubt is that questions make students be more observant and eager to search for the answers by themselves. If the students are more observant and cast doubt on everything, they will try to find the answers. Furthermore, there are a lot of sources for them to find the answers such as internet, books or teacher so they will make a good use from meterial around them. It is a good way for them to learn and extend their knowledge.

Another reason that I strongly believe that teachers encourage students to question is a good idea is that question lets students to learn not only from the classroom but also from everything around them. Questioning makes learning for them does not limit only in the school anymore. Moreover, it also does not limit only weekday at the school’s time which means that the students can learn from every where and every time by having question in everything. This process helps students extending their learning and develops their skill.

In conclusion, I strongly recommend that teachers should support their students to question and cast doubt on everything from the reason I mentioned above. Question leads students to be more observant, increase their eagerness and offer them unlimited learning

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a campus patrolman

Countries should not isolate themselves from the world but instead engage other countries.

I believe that countries should not isolate themselves from the world but instead engage other countries. We cannot live on this world alone or seperate ourselves from others. We are the same team. We are people on earth.

The first reason why I think countries should not seperate themselves from the world is that every countries are the important jigsaws of the world’s puzzle. Each countries has their own core strength. For example, China has a lot of labor , United States has power and Japan has the knowledge in technology. They all play the important roles in this world. Not only the big countries, but also the small countries such as Thailand (my hometown). We are good in tourist destination. To engage other countries will make this world go round.

The second reason that makes me believe that countries should participate in the world and should not isolate themselves is that each countries has the different natural resources. Some countires have resources which others do not have. For instance, the countires in Opec group have the good source of oil which all the countries in the world need it while the most countries in Asia have different kind of fruit which cannot find in other parts of the world. If countries isolate themselves, the exchange will not happen. We will run out of or have never tried or known about different kind of natural resource.

The third reason is that when countries face the big problem which they cannot handle by themselves. Those countries may need the support or help from other countires. If they seperate themselves from the world , other countries will hesitate to hand in their help. Like you have a neighbour who you have never seen or talked with. When they have a crisis and ask for your help, most people will feel uncomfortable to help because they do not have a good relationship with them before.

To summarize, I strongly believe that this world need cooperation between all countries in the world.We cannot walk this earth solo. There is useless to live isolate from other countires.

Teachers should encourage their students to question everything.

There /is a lot/ARE LOTS/ of ways for students to learn. Questioning everything is the one of the best wayS for them to learn.
From the question that " Should teachers encourage their students to question eveything?". My answer for this question is “absolutely yes”. I believe that teachers should support their students(,) to be curious and question everything.

In my opinion, the first reason why I feel that teachers should encourage their students to doubt is that questions make students APPEAR be more observant and eager to search for the answers by themselves.
If the students are more observant and cast doubt on everything, they will try to find the answers.
Furthermore, there are a lot of sources for them to find the answers such as THE Internet, books or BY ASKING THE teacher, so they will make a good use from mAterial around them. It is a good way for them to learn and extend their knowledge.

Another reason that I strongly believe that teachers encourage students to question is a good idea is that questionS /let/ALLOW/ students to learn not only from the classroom but also from everything around them.
Questioning [s]makes[/s ] MEANS learning for them does not limit ITSELF only in the school any-more.
Moreover, it also does not limit only weekday at the school’s time, which means that the students can learn from everywhere and ever ytime by having TO question in everything. This process helps students extending their learning and develops their skill.

In conclusion, I strongly recommend that teachers should support their students to question, and cast doubt on everything from the reason I mentioned above.
QuestionING leads students to be more observant, increaseS their eagerness and offerS them unlimited learning.

Far too repetitive and lacking in ideas. 5/10

Kitos.

Countries should not isolate themselves from the world but instead THEY SHOULD engage WITH other countries.

I believe that countries should not isolate themselves from the world but instead engage other countries. We cannot live on this world alone or seperate ourselves from others. We are the same team. We are people on earth.

The first reason why I think countries should not seperate themselves from the world is that every countries are the important jigsaws of the world’s puzzle. Each countries has their own core strength. For example, China has a lot of labor , United States has power and Japan has the knowledge in technology. They all play the important roles in this world. Not only the big countries, but also the small countries such as Thailand (my hometown). We are good in tourist destination. To engage other countries will make this world go round.

The second reason that makes me believe that countries should participate in the world and should not isolate themselves is that each countries has the different natural resources. Some countires have resources which others do not have. For instance, the countires in Opec group have the good source of oil which all the countries in the world need it while the most countries in Asia have different kind of fruit which cannot find in other parts of the world. If countries isolate themselves, the exchange will not happen. We will run out of or have never tried or known about different kind of natural resource.

The third reason is that when countries face the big problem which they cannot handle by themselves. Those countries may need the support or help from other countires. If they seperate themselves from the world , other countries will hesitate to hand in their help. Like you have a neighbour who you have never seen or talked with. When they have a crisis and ask for your help, most people will feel uncomfortable to help because they do not have a good relationship with them before.

To summarize, I strongly believe that this world need cooperation between all countries in the world.We cannot walk this earth solo. There is useless to live isolate from other countires.

Very boring and very poorly written. Please spend some time reading the other essays that have been posted here. Try to develop your ideas and vocabulary. 5/10

Kitos.

Thank you for your comment .
I always lack of idea to answer the Toefl’s question :frowning:

Try to read other essays before writing yours, this will help you a lot.

Mixmixi