Teachers in different countries get different payments and many people say that teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn

Teachers play an important role in student’s learning efficiency and academic performance. They should inspire their students to make effort and should make sure students score high on exams. Thus, how to evaluate a teacher’s effort in class is keenly debated. In my opinion, teachers should not get paid according to how much their students learn.

First of all, some jokes or personal stories delivered from teachers might not directly related to the textbooks. Apparently, most of teacher tell jokes or personal stories to arouse student’s attention in class. For example, when I was in the high school, most of my classmates tended to fall asleep in history class, therefore, history teacher would tell us a funny joke every fifteen minutes. Theses jokes could make us focused and refreshed in class. Thus, we could stay awaked and listened to what he said about the textbooks.

In addition, some students reject to study because they are not good school materials. That is to say, they do not study hard and neglect grades on their academic performance. For instance, there was one classmate in my high school, he was totally not interest in studying and spent much time on extracurricular activities. Although my teachers tried their best to encourage him to study, he still skipped the class and slept in class. Therefore, it is will be hard to evaluate a teacher’s effort on their students.

Last but not least, the talents of a student may greatly influence how much they can absorb from teachers. Not all of students can absorb all the information from teachers immediately, they have to spare time to review the contents and practice to get hang of it. To be more specific, I am poor at math in the course of schooling. I always take much time to learn new stuff, even if a easy formula or concept. Although my math teacher offered me some tutors after class, I still hardly understood them and performed well in a short time.

In conclusion, some jokes that are not related to the class can arouse student’s the attention and learn better. Also, some students refuse to spend time studying even if their teacher had tried best to motivate them. What’s more, most of students can not display the perfect learning output in a short time after the lectures. With these factors, it is hard to pay a teacher salaries based on how much their students learn.

1 Like

Teachers play an important role in students’ learning efficiency and academic performance. They should inspire their students to work hard and make sure that students score high in exams. Therefore, how to evaluate a teacher’s effort in the classroom is hotly debated. In my opinion, teachers should not be paid according to how much their students learn.

First of all, some jokes or personal stories told by teachers may not be directly related to the textbooks. Obviously, most of the teachers tell jokes or personal stories to attract students’ attention in class. For example, when I was in high school, most of my classmates tended to fall asleep in history class, so the history teacher would tell us a funny joke every fifteen minutes. These jokes could keep us focused and refreshed in class. So we could stay awake and listen to what he said about the textbooks.

In addition, some students refuse to study because they are not good school materials. That is, they do not study hard and neglect grades on their academic performance. For example, there was a classmate in my high school who had no interest in studying and spent a lot of time on extracurricular activities. Although my teachers tried their best to encourage him to study, he still skipped class and slept in class. Therefore, it will be hard to evaluate a teacher’s efforts on his students.

Last but not least, a student’s talents can greatly influence how much he can absorb from teachers. Not all students can absorb all the information from teachers immediately, they need to spare time to review the content and practice to get the hang of it. To be more specific, I am bad at mathematics in the course of schooling. I always take a long time to learn new things, even if it is a simple formula or concept. Although my math teacher offered me some tutorials after class, I still hardly understood them and performed well in a short time.
In conclusion, some jokes that are not related to the lesson can make students pay attention and learn better. Also, some students refuse to spend time studying even if their teacher has tried his best to motivate them. What’s more, most of the students can’t show the perfect learning performance in a short time after the lectures. With these factors, it is hard to pay a teacher’s salary based on how much his students learn.

1 Like

I learned “offered me some tutorials”. :grinning:

1 Like