Task 2 ielts: More and more people want to buy famous brands of clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

Can you check it for me plz? And also rate how to score I’ll achieve if I write a task 2 essay like that? Thank you very much :))))))))

(02/02/2019): More and more people want to buy famous brands of clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

A matter of considerable controversy at present is that there is a growing number of people who want to buy high ends consumer products. In this essay, I intend to discuss the causes as well as reveal several negative consequences of this issue.

Surprisingly, the most serious cause of this problem is due to online advertisements. Youngsters nowadays are easily swayed by advertisements. As a result, well-known brand companies nowadays aim especially at youngsters as their target audience by using celebrity endorsement to promote their products such as Cristiano Ronaldo or David Beckham with a view to attracting more customers and increasing profits. Furthermore, teenagers may be appealed by brand name products of items as they want to be famous in social networking sites such as Facebook or Instagram. Thanks to famous brands of clothes, shoes and other items, youngsters may have countless opportunities to express themselves and attract more followers.

However, I completely agree that it is a negative development. By over-addicted to well-known brands of items, people may squander their savings on these products without caring about quality. As a result, they do not have enough money to meet other basic human needs and to be struggling to earn their living. One future negative influence on this problem is that the rate of people committing crimes such as robberies and burglaries experience an upward trend in order to afford the latest products in famous brands.

By the way of conclusion, I once reaffirm my position that although there are a lot of important reasons why people find brand name products attractive, it is completely a negative development. Thus, each person must be aware of using well-known products.

3 Likes

Hi Kellie, if I were you I wouldn’t worry too much about my IELTS score because COVI-19 will be disrupting everything including hierarchical and archaic exams like IELTS: Watch this and share it with anyone you know! (How fight COVID-19)

2 Likes