Task 2 ielts: Fossil fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas are the main energy source for many countries

This is the first time I post my writing. I’ll take the IELTS exam next month. Can you check it for me, please? Thank you very much.

Fossil fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas are the main energy source for many countries. However, some nations are using alternative energy such as solar power, or wind power. To what extent do you think this is a positive or negative development?

In order to reduce the dependence on fossil fuel, many countries throughout the world have tried to use alternative energy sources. Yet, there remain some valid arguments to whether it is a positive or negative trend. While many people agree that it draws negative impacts on society, I personally believe that the benefits of this tendency far outweigh its drawbacks. These benefits are twofold.

First of all, it is an indisputable fact that by using renewable energy such as wind farms, solar panels to heat homes, factories and offices, people can neither deplete natural resources nor pollute the air that we breathe. As a result, people have less chance to carry health risks such as respiratory and disorder.

Equally importantly, by using renewable energy, people may create countless opportunities to protect the environment and avoid ecological crises. Nowadays, aquatic life such as whales and dolphins have to cope with a ton of chemical waste discharged to the ocean every year. Thanks to environmentally-friendly energy, we can minimize the negative consequences of chemical waste as well as habitat destruction.

Admittedly, producing renewable energy may cost a great deal of money and high-edge technology that not all countries may afford. Nonetheless, I would contend that in modern society, national authorities are integrated to share subsidize and technology with an effort to fight against climate changes.

By the way of conclusion, I once reaffirm my position that by reducing reliance on fossil fuel and investing finance in renewable energy must be put on top quality due to advantages for both human health and the environment.

3 Likes

Hi Kellie,

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like