tangible items?

Hi, as a speaker of English as a second language you should never translate phrases from your native language or come up with your own expressions. I made that mistake a couple of days again when I asked in an in email ‘do we have any tangible items to discuss’?

The response was ‘I had to look up the term to understand what you mean’. It turns out that you can say ‘items on the agenda’ and ‘talk about something tangible’ but when you say ‘tangible items’ you refer to just what they are – objects you can touch…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The horse cab[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,
Just a random search brought these: In the US it has been held that the Fourth Amendment governs not only the seizure of tangible items, but extends also to the recording of oral statements.
On less tangible aspects the tour must have added a plus or two to the English rugby character, for there were problems with the itinerary, occasionally with the accommodation. But a balanced reply must take account of less tangible issues like legislative simplicity and public confidence.
These problems have to be weighed along with less tangible factors: what would women (as distinct from “the male comp” ) get out of the organization? But certainly, on the more tangible side, it’s true to say that an increasing proportion of the research in the University in widely different areas … bnc.bl.uk/saraWeb.php?qy=tangible&mysubmit=Go