Taking detailed notes in class?

Well, I prefer to take notes when I learn something new. There are several reasons I’d like to point out.
Firstly, taking notes is an incentive for me to keep an active mind in class. In order to get detailed information, I would follow the teacher’s development on a certain issue carefully. If I just listen to what are teachers talking about, I mean, without taking any notes, I might easily doze off in class.
What’s more, detailed notes enable me to review lessons more easily. Generally, I will underline the key points while taking notes to remind me of the focus and the difficult parts. Thus, I can prepare for my exams with less stress.
In a nutshell, taking notes in class helps me study more actively and efficiently.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class

This is a topic of the speaking task. Thank you for your help, Kitos.!

Some students prefer to study new materials by taking detailed notes in class. Other students prefer to study new materials just by listening. Which do you prefer and why?

Well, I prefer to take notes when I learn something new. There are several reasons I’d like to point out.
Firstly, taking notes is an incentive for me to keep an active mind in class. In order to get detailed information, I would follow the teacher’s development on a certain issue carefully. If I just listen to what are teachers talking about, I mean, without taking any notes, I might easily doze off in class.
What’s more, detailed notes enable me to review lessons more easily. Generally, I will underline the key points while taking notes to remind me of the focus and the difficult parts. Thus, I can prepare for my exams with less stress.
In a nutshell, taking notes in class helps me study more actively and efficiently.

Keep it up Hallie. You are doing great!

Kitos. 10/10

Thank you!